7

Rayne's

I guess today is a good so far, I kind of had a date with Mark. After school we went to the park to spend some time alone and it was really sweet he's a really good boyfriend, he's kind and amazing but its super weird because I feel like he's just a best friend to me. He's always there for me and I love him but I'm not in love with him. Never the less it makes sense that the popular football player and the popular girl date. We spent part of the afternoon walking on the park talking, Mark is a really good listener and an amazing gentleman. The afternoon goes fast and I head home to study for a bit.

I get home and it's still pretty early, school ended at 1 p.m. and I was at the park for like one hour with Mark. I go straight to the kitchen where I find Annie and ask her to make me some toast if she has time and a glass of orange juice. I have an important test this week that I have to study for and I still have to start working on that phycology project. I eat really quickly and go study in my bedroom. As always the first thing I do is take my contacts out and put on my glasses, I really don't like my contacts and I love my glasses but I would never actually admit it. I study for about an hour until I can't anymore, but I have to, in reality I'm an A student and I want to keep it like that. I go all out when I study, no joke I have books open all over my desk, and bed, my computer is on and I'm doing some research on the subject, I actually enjoy studying. I make a mental note to study for another 30minutes and then have a break. Whilst I'm in my little world studying I hear the doorbell ringing but don't really pay attention because I know Annie will open the door.

*** In the meantime down stairs***

Annie's pov

I've done all my little jobs around the house and I'm on my way to the kitchen to start preparing dinner when I hear the doorbell going. It takes me a minute to get to the door and open it, but when I do I am a bit choked, and my thoughts are everywhere, I'm a bit confused, what is this girl doing here? In front of me is that girl that Rayne yelled at in the theatre, what was her name again, Jasmine? Yeah I think that was it. I know Rayne doesn't like her, or so she says, I don't really believe her to be honest, so the real question is, why is she here.

-"Hello good afternoon, may I help you?"- I ask her politely and with a big smile, I really think this is going to be interesting.

-"Hi, I'm here to see Rayne, we have a project to do together"- She says a bit unsure.

-"You and Rayne have a project together?"- Rayne never said anything I think to myself. Jasmine just nods.

–"She never said a word about someone coming over for a project."

-"Well she's not very happy that we are working together, she doesn't want to work with a freak like she says so... well can I come in?"- She says it like its nothing, but I see the hurt in her eyes when she called herself freak.

-"Of course you can come in Jasmine, sorry".- I smile at her, and she looks choked at me.

-"You know my name?"- She asks. Opps forgot that.

-"Well of course, you are the theatre girl, aren't you?"- I ask her knowing the answer to that question.

-"Yes I am, you remember?"

-"Yes, I do and by the way, I really don't think you are a freak, I actually think you are brave, not a lot of people are comfortable with who they are, you should be proud".- I tell her.- "Now I'll take you to Rayne, good luck, she's really not that bad trust me".- I smile at Jasmine and we go to Rayne's bedroom upstairs.

-"Well I Know what I see, and she been only horrible towards me, and thank you for what you said it means a lot."- I nod and smile at her. Not long after we are I front of Rayne's bedroom and I only think, there goes nothing. I knock on her door.

***Back to Rayne's p.o.v***

After like 5 minutes after the doorbell went off someone knocks on the door. I tell them to come in, even though I'm still focused on my books.

-"Rayne?"- Annie calls my name, I still don't take my eyes from my book, and I answer whilst writing something down.

-"Yes Annie, what's up?"- I ask her kindly as always.

-"You have someone here to see you"- I focused on my studies and I'm biting my pen when I turn around and I drop my pen on the floor when I see beautiful grey eyes. My blue eyes turn a shade darker with annoyance. What the hell is she doing here?

-"What do you want Jasmine? Why are you here?"- I ask her in anger.

-"Well we...we... well you said to come around today to work on the phycology project."- She says a little unsure. Shit I totally forgot about that to be honest.

-"Oh yeh right, well don't stand there come in will you". - I tell her a bit too harshly and her face turns to anger.

-"Fine, even at home you are still a bloody queen bee but defiantly a geek one, glasses? Really?"- Sassy Jasmine is back, this is going to be fun.

-"Don't start freak not in the mood for this, are we going to work or not?"

-"Yes"- we look at each other with anger in our eyes. Until Annie says something.

-"Well this is going to be interesting"- She looks disappointed at me and then says again.- "Well girls do you want me to bring you something to eat whist you do your project?

-"Yes please Annie, if you don't mind, anything is fine"- I tell her and smile.

-"Just don't kill each other please"- I chuckle and not at Annie.

Annie leaves the room and all of a sudden there's this big elephant in the room. Why did I agree to this, and how in the name of hell did I forget that she was coming aroud today. Now she knows the "real me" when I'm in my house, my bedroom. The Rayne the wears glasses and no contacts, the Rayne that wears sweatpants and flat shoes and not fancy clothes. The Rayne that has school books open everywhere and actually studies, and the Rayne that has a mini library in her room and loves books. This wasn't meant to happen. Now she won't drop the bloody Geek queen bee thing.This is so going to be hell.

************************************************************************************ 

Hey guys, tell me what you think about this story so far if you'd like.

Also I'm always open to suggestions if you like to give any.

Have an amazing morning, afternoon, night.

Be happy, keep positive and smile :)