8

Rayne's p.o.v

Jasmine sat on my bed and I cleaned all the books I was using to study. The bedroom was dead silent and you could feel the tension in the air. I opened my phycology book and started my research, I really didn't give any thought to this assignment yet so I had no idea of what to write about and to be honest I really didn't care. All I could think about was the fact that I had to work with her of all people, with so many people in my class it had to be Jasmine. I kept on turning the pages and tried to concentrate. It didn't take long until Annie was in my bedroom with the food. I told her to put it next to Jasmine since it hadn't been long since I had something to eat and I wasn't very hungry. I could see that Jasmine was a bit uncomfortable and wasn't concentrated as well.

I looked up at her, and cleared my throat –"First of all you can put yourself comfortable, you can sit and cross your legs on my bed if you want, you only have to take that excuse of shoes of, no shoes allowed on my bed." - She looked up at me and nodded, of course she was already sat on my bed but her legs were hanging out of the bed, basically she looked very uncomfortable.

-"And second?"- She asked.

-"Do you have any idea of what this project is going to be about?"- I couldn't care less about this project, obviously I wanted to keep my grades up, I just wasn't interested in working with Jasmine, she could chose the topic all she wanted.

-"I have some ideas, but what do you want it to be about?"

-"I don't care obviously, you can chose the topic for all I care, aren't you supposed to be like the second best student in the class?"-I say a bit to sassy, no one knows my grades in my classes, they know that Jasmine comes in second almost every time but they don't know that I'm the one that comes almost always in first. My teachers know I don't like it when they say my grades out loud, so obviously it's the guessing game. Jasmine and I are always the two best grades, sometimes she gets the best and most of the time it's me. My colleagues ask very often who the best grade belong to but my teachers never tell.

-"Well yes I am, doesn't mean I'm going to do this project by myself, just because I have good grades doesn't mean I'm doing it alone, you are going to help me and I don't care what you say. "- She says plain and simple and I just glare at her. After a few seconds she adds.-"I think we can chose a phycologist that was important at some point and write about him". - She suggests.

-"I'm fine with anything like I said before, I don't care."- She frowns at me and shakes her head.

We start working on our project in silent, obviously that at some point we will have to talk and change some ideas about this. We search for the phycologist, and it doesn't take long to find someone that she wanted to write about, so we went with him. We've been working on this project for hours that I lost track of time, it's actually very easy to work with Jasmine, heres a reason she has great grades in classes, she has excellent ways to work on projects, if I was making this alone I would use my own methods but I don't want her to know more then she already knows about me, so I pretend to be out of it most of the time. After I don't know how long I hear a knock on the door and I tell them to come in. When I look up from my books I see my dad looking a bit confused.

-"Hey daddy, what's up?"- I ask him with a sweet voice.

-"Oh I didn't know you had a friend over, thinking about it you never have friends over unless it's Nicole, Who is this by the way?". I put my hands to my head and shake it at the same time.

-"This is Jasmine, a colleague from school, she's in my phycologist class and we are working on a project together".- He nods his head and I'm just praying that he doesn't talk about my grades please, please, please.