14

Rayne's p.o.v

It's been a few week after what happened with Jasmine. I haven't talked or acknowledge her for that matter. Our phycology project was put a side which worries me because my grades are important to me, not anyone knows it but they are. During the classes we have together, there's complete silence, even the teachers have noticed it but they don't say anything to me. When we have lunch breaks I don't even bother looking at her, my friend on the other hand, can be how can I put it? Mean. They say stupid things, but Jasmine being Jasmine, ignores them, when this happens Jasmine and Nicole have this disappointed look in their faces that I also ignore.

I continued my days like nothing had happen, didn't tell anyone it happened except Annie. I did feel different, don't really know how to explain, some sort of emptiness. The worst part was when someone insulted Jasmine I had this pain in my chest that I don't understand.

Today was one of those off days, school went okay until lunch time. We were all in the cafeteria when Jasmine came in alone. She picked up her food and as always she has to pass our table.

-"Oh look miss freak is coming this way"-Said Veronica one of my friends.

I look up and my eyes lock with grey eyes but I make no comment about it.

-"Hey there freak"- said Deanna with her mean smile.

Jasmine looked at her than looked at me to see if I was going to say anything, but I didn't, even though my chest was aching. She had a sad smile but I just looked at her. Again Nicole gave me a disapproving look. I looked down at my food and shook my head.

-"You are really something aren't you? You will never change"- Jasmine said looking at me sad but mad at the same time.

-"Just leave and also leave me alone"- I told Jasmine with a simple with a hint of a sad voice.

She left and all my friend just looked at me, like they were expecting me to yell or insult Jasmine but I didn't have the strength or to be honest the heart to. They didn't stop looking so I lost it.

-"WHAT?"- I looked at them angry. They all looked away like little puppies except Nicole that looked concerned at me.

-"Hey Rayne, you okay?"- She whispered at me.

-"I'm fine, okay? I'm just great"- I pushed my tray of food away from me and left the cafeteria.

The whole cafeteria was looking at me, nothing new to be honest, they always looked, they would look at me with fear in their eyes like I was some kind of monster, and for them I was. I was this popular girl, but unlike Jasmine I was the mean one.

Things were super different when mom was around, but when she left I didn't want people to see me sad, so I changed, I became mean. At homes it was all still the same but as soon as I got to school, I was a different person.

I don't know where I was going, I ended up in the girl's toilet. I was looking at myself in the mirror but to be honest I didn't recognise myself. My blue eyes didn't shine like they usually did, instead they looked sad, and watery. I splashed water on my face to try and calm down, I just felt so frustrated. I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier and the tears starting to fall when I heard someone coming in.

-"Hey"- said a shy voice.-"You okay?"- I felt a hand on my shoulder and my body tensed.

-"Don't"- I said coldly.

-"I just came to see if you were okay"

I turned around and looked at her beautiful grey eyes.

-"What do you want? I am a horrible person to you, you just saw that again in the cafeteria and you still come here."- My tears were still falling. Jasmine looked at me with a sad expression, she was about to reach my cheek to clean my tears when I grabbed her hand. I looked down, I couldn't bare to look her in the eyes.-"Just please leave."

Later that day

Jasmine's p.o.v

I have a lot of mixed filings, I would love to understand Rayne, after the cafeteria and the toilets encounter I was beyond confused. One thing I knew was that we had to start working on our project again. After our kiss, that I have to say it was amazing, after it she distanced herself again, but I don't care that all those things happen I just want to be done with the project.

I nock on Rayne's front door and lovely Annie answers.

-"Hey Jasmine"- She smiles at me. -"What are you doing here?"

-"Hey Annie, well Rayne and I still have the project to finish, so I thought I would come by and work on it"

-"Yeah I haven't seen you in a while, come in."

-"Well yes something happened and well"

-"You mean the kiss?"- Annie askes smiling and my mouth drops

-"She told you?"- Annie nodded smiling, why was she smiling anyway. "Well yes since that happened she's been avoiding me"

-"Well she's in the treehouse, so I'll call her." Treehouse? This girl has everything.

It didn't take long and Rayne appeared in the living room, but she didn't look happy to see me, never the less we started working on our project again. We spent all afternoon working not saying a word to each other until her father came to ask me if I was staying for dinner, but he never let me decline so I stayed. Rayne went to talk to her father in the kitchen and I stayed working. I started to get thirsty so I decided to go and ask for a glass of water, when I was about the open the kitchen door I heard Mr. William talking to Rayne.

-"So pumpkin have you talked to your mom lately"

-"Of course not, why should I?"-Rayne asked with a bit of anger in her tone.

-"Because she divorced me not you honey, and you should really talk to her, hear her out it's been years."- He said kindly.

-"Well she left you for a woman dad, "my mouth dropped, everything made so much more since now, why Rayne was the way she was.-"all of a sudden with no warning, I have no desire to."

-"I know and I also know her reasons for, you know I still talk to her you should really give her a chance, she misses you"

-"How can you still talk to her after what she did?"- She asks angry

-"Because she was my best friend and you don't know the entire story, but you should go and find out"

Their conversation was cut short when I entered the kitchen like I didn't hear anything, Annie gave me a glass of water and I went back to work on our project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Please read...

Here's another chapter for you guys :)

Thank you so much for all the views, and thank you for the people that gave names to some of the characters in this chapter :)

That brings me to something else. I usually don't name my characters (I did name most of the character in this book but I prefer to ask people for names), so I need your help.

I need a name for a female character, A NICE one, so if you like to comment a name and I'll pick my favourite for this particular character. I can still use the names that I won't use now for a different character.

Thank you so much for your support

Have a lovely morning, afternoon, nigh :)

Stay positive, and always smile :)