18

Rayne's p.o.v

Lunch with Jas and her mom went better than I expected, I thought her mom would hate me but she was super nice with me and supported our relationship. We didn't do much the rest of the day to be honest, we spent it talking and watching movies.

Today we have school and I'm scared, I have to talk to Mark and I don't know how to act around Jas, I'm afraid of what the others will say, what they will think of me. It's like I have a block in my head that doesn't allow me to show what I feel for this amazing and beautiful girl.

I feel very thoughtful during the morning, I decided not to talk to anyone today, I'm very happy because I told Jasmine my feelings for her but at the same time I feel more scared than ever and I want this feeling to go away.

The morning went by very fast and we were about to go lunch, everyone was in the lunch table, but I hadn't talked to them all day, and when I'm like this they know not to talk to me. I get to the lunch table and sit down next to Mark. I wasn't talking to anyone and honestly I wasn't paying any attention to what people around me were saying. I could feel someone's eyes on me and I knew exactly who it is.

-"Rayne"- Mark calls me whilst touching my left shoulder.

-"Yes Mark?" - I ask him not bothering to look at him.

-"You okay?"- I didn't answer him I just nodded my head yes.

Mark got up from his chair, grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. –"Come with me."- He said and dragged me away out of the cafeteria.

We went to an empty corridor just as you leave the cafeteria, no on could see us and it's probably for the best I don't know what is coming out of this conversation. I can't look Mark in the eyes I'm too scared and I can feel the tears start forming in my eyes. How am I ever going to explain the feelings I have for Jas after everything I've said and done.

Mark made me look him in the eyes and the tears just started to fall. I have a big lump in my throat and the words just won't come out. I feel him pushing me towards him and embrace me in a hug. It feels good and I feel safe never the less I'm still scared, his comfort helps a little but it doesn't give me the courage to talk to him.

-"What's wrong Rayne? You know you can always talk to me"- He tells me with his sweet voice.
I try and calm myself down, I owe it to the tree of us, I don't love him but I do love grey eyes very much and it's not fair to keep this going much longer.

-"I...I don't think this, us is going to work anymore"- I can't keep my tears in so I just keep crying.

Marks embrace only gets stronger like his comforting me.

-"I know Ray and its okay."- He tells me with the sweetest voice. I feel a bit confused because I wasn't expecting this, but he keeps me in his embrace.

-"It's because of her isn't it."- He looks me straight in the eyes but he doesn't look hurt, I don't have the courage to say anything so I just nod my head in agreement.

-"How did you know it was her, and how aren't you mad at me right now?"- I ask him with a bit of fear.

-"Well the look in your eyes tells me that you love her, even after everything that happened I always kind of guessed that you didn't hate her but that you loved her. I'm not mad because I see you as a great friend I we always kind of knew that we weren't in love with each other. We are best friends and we work well that way."- Mark just smiles at me and hugs me again.

-"Now don't break her heart or I'll kill you"- He says teasing me.

-"Aren't you suppose to tell her this and not me?"- I raise an eyebrow at him and he just laughs.

-"You just wait and see"- He keeps on laughing and we go back to the cafeteria.

As we get back to the cafeteria only Cole is sitting in our table and I don't know or care where the others disappeared to. Nicole has this concerned look in the eyes so I just smile at her to make sure she knows I'm okay.

-"Everything good?"-She asks us.

We both nod but then this really teasing smile comes on to Marks face and I kind of get scared. Nicole looks at hi with a puzzled look in her face.

-"Hey Cole?"- Mark says with his teasing smile.

-"Yes Mark?"

-"By the way everything is okay but you now owe me 20 pounds"- Mark starts laughing, Nicole looks even more puzzled then before but at the same time has a shocked look on her face and I have my mouth wide open.

-"Did you bet on what I think you did?"- I ask angry at them.

-"So we were right, you do love Jas?"-Nicole askes with an innocent look.

-"Do you mean to tell me you made a bet about this?"- I pretend to be annoyed even thought I find it funny.

-"Yes?"- They answer unsure.

-"Hey guys?"-They just look at me.-"You better run, fast."- I get of my chair and just run after them.