13

Rayne's p.o.v

I'm trembling, I have no idea of what just came over me. My head is all over the place, I can't think, I don't know what to feel. I go to the rest of my classes, but I don't bother paying attention, I can't focus to be honest. I leave school without saying a word to anyone. I feel more lost than ever, my head is everywhere. I go straight home, I just want some space to think.

-"I'm home"- I shout to anyone in the house that can hear me.

-"Hey Rayne, in the kitchen"- I heard Annie say.

I don't know what to do with myself at the moment so I go to the kitchen where Annie is cleaning some dishes. She says Hi to me and I just nod. I can't truly stop thinking about Jasmine.

-"What's wrong?"- Annie asks drying a plate.

I put my head down. –"I... I kisses Jasmine."- There's a sound of a crash, so I look up, Annie dropped the plate she was drying on the floor and she has her mouth wide open looking at me shocked.

-"You, you did what?"- She said astounded.

-"I kissed a girl, not just a girl, I kissed the girl I hate the most"- I say annoyed.

-"First of all are you really sure you hate her?"- I look deadly at her and she lifts her hands in surrender. - "second of all, how, when and why did this happen?"

-"Why? Don't know, when? After PE class in the locker rooms and how? Well how do you kiss a person Annie, I crashed my lips to hers."

-"Okay, Okay, Ray explain everything from the beginning"- Annie says softly and calmly at me.

"Well we were arguing because of what happen yesterday..."- Annie looks at me with a questioning look, I never told her what happened so I explain everything that happened the day before and today after PE class.-"...and then I don't know I just had this urge to kiss her, she was looking at me with her grey eyes and I don't know what came over me and I kissed her."

Annie gave me her biggest smile and a knowing look that I didn't understand.

-"Do you want my opinion?"

-"Yeah whatever, I'm up to hear anything really, my head is a mess."

-"I think you don't hate her, I think is the opposite, I think you like her but you don't know it yet."

-"I don't like her, I don't want to like her, I can't like her don't you get it I want distance from her and her kind"- I'm just so tired and frustrated with this whole situation.

-"Why can't you "be" like her?"

No one really knows why I don't like gay people, why I'm don't like Jasmine or why I want distance from the whole LGBT+ people. I was never one to talk about my life to anyone not even Nicole, or Annie for that matter. I get flashbacks and the tears start coming out.

-"Mom..."

-"Sorry what?"- Annie asks obviously not understanding what I meant.

"My mom, she left my father for a woman."- I can't avoid the tears, it's something I never spoke about, that fact the she left, not for another man but for a woman. Annie's eyes widen, she was surprised, we never mention my mother to her, and she never asked.

-"Ohh, so that's why you hate Jasmine so much, but Jasmine isn't your mother you know."

-"I still don't want to be near her kind, I'm going to the treehouse, I need to be alone."

I leave towards my treehouse, with my mother's image in my head and tears in my eyes.

My dad had my treehouse build when I was a little girl, it's my refuge. It's a big treehouse, I'm not going to lie, it's were I go when I'm not having a good day, or when I want to think, it's basically my little space. No one is allowed in here, it's my space. The treehouse has the shape of an octagon and when you enter it the first thing you'll notice is a big siting window that overlook's the woods. Next to it I have bookshelf's full of books, a very cosy siting area. It has places to relax like a big cosy sofa and just like my bedroom it has bean bags. As you go in, to your right next to one of the bookshelf's you have a staircase. It's no ordinary staircase, as you go up, you have to your left and right bookshelf's until you'll reach a trapdoor that leads to a bedroom.

When I got the news that my mother and father were getting a divorce and that she was living him for a woman this was the place I came to. I spent an entire week up here after the news. It took dad a lot of convincing for me to go down and talk to him. I usually spend a lot of time in this treehouse, I feel safe here, I never had anyone up here before, when I was little yes so they could clean it, but as I got older I never allowed anyone in here.

This whole situation made me think of my mother, I never really forgave her for living dad, and I haven't spoken to her since the day they told me. Dad keeps on insisting that I talk to her, but I'm still so mad at her that I can never talk to her. I miss her sometimes, but even that doesn't make me talk to her.

I spend the rest of the day up here until Annie called me down for dinner through the intercom system that I have in here. 

I didn't talk or eat much during dinner, I didn't feel like it, so I just finished up and went straight to bed.

I woke up the next morning felling more tired than ever, like I didn't sleep at all. I felt like a zombie, until I remembered what happened with Jasmine and that made me feel even worse.

I had a quick breakfast and tried to leave as fast as possible to try and avoid Annie and dad, but Annie was faster than me. As I was leaving the kitchen to go to the front door Annie appeared at the door.

-"Morning sunshine, how are you today?"- Annie gave me her million dollar smile.

-"Morning, fine, I have to go to school"- I turn to leave and she grabbed my wrist, and looked at me concerned.

-"Are you sure you're okay? How are you after yesterday?"

My eyes watered, just what I was trying to avoid.-"I'm fine Ann really, now I have to go". - I give her a fake smile and go to school.

 I arrive at school and I go to my locker to get a few book, I see Jasmine in her locker but I ignore her, after yesterday I want distance. When I'm searching for the books in my locker all my friends come over and say morning but I don't pay any attention to them. I look to the side and Jasmine is walking past us, but I say nothing, my so called friend probably noticed because as she walked by a bunch of insults go Jasmines way and I look at her, she has watery eyes, but I can tell you I'm not much better. She sees that I'm not going to say anything to them so she shakes her head in disapproval.

After she leaves they still talk bad about her, and I've had enough. I close my locker door, closing it is an understatement, I bash the locker door and I yell at them.

-"THAT'S ENOUGTH". - I look at them with a deadly look in my eyes, my heart is racing and I'm full of rage. I don't know why I did it but I did. - "That's enough, let's just go to class."

Nicole is smiling at me and nodding her head approvingly. Nicole and Mark are the only ones in my group that never insult or say anything to any of the gay kids in the school. With that I see that at the end of the hall Jasmine is looking at me shocked, but I don't care, I look down I feel like hell, sad even and I don't understand why. I just leave and go to class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it...

Have a lovely morning, afternoon, night :)

Smile :)