15

Rayne's pov

Our dead line for phycology was almost over and we had one more day to finish our project. It was almost done, but what do you expect when you have the two best student of the class working together. It was the last day that Jasmine was coming over to work on this and I didn't really know how to feel, happy or sad. We haven't been arguing much because every time I say something to her the only thing she actually does is shake her head and says nothing back so after a while I just stopped.

I was waiting for her to come over and in the mean while I was finishing a few things in my part of the project. I was starting to get hungry so I went to the kitchen and to my surprise Jasmine was in it talking to my dad and Annie.

-"You're here already? I've been waiting for you"

-"Well sorry, Annie and your dad started to talk to me I wasn't going to be rude to them"

-"Can we go now? I want to finish this project"- She nodded and I grabbed some food because my stomach wouldn't stop growling and it was annoying me.

-"By the way we are going to work in the treehouse today"- Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked in disbelieve towards me.-"What?"- I asked still chewing a piece of bread.

-"You never let anyone in the treehouse, I've never been inside"- Annie said looking weird at me.

-"Really?" Asked Jasmine with wide eyes.

-"Don't think your special Jasmine, I just feel like being in there today and I have to work on the project so, I can't leave Jasmine here working alone and me inside."

-"uh-huh"- Said Annie and dad at the same time. I gave them a death look and turned to look at Jasmine.

-"Well we have food inside so we can go".

We left the main house and went to my treehouse, to go inside you have to have a password so I make Jasmine turn around and type the password. Annie and dad have the password in case something happens but they never come in here. I go straight in without caring that Jasmine is behind me and when I look around she has the same look in her eyes from when she saw the game room. I sit down in my chilling area and tell Jasmine to feel at "home."

-"Where does that stair case lead to?"- Jasmine askes curiously

-"A bedroom, now let's finish this"

-"I thought you didn't care"

In my mind I'm shouting how much I really care, but I don't tell her that.

-"Well I don't, I just want to finish this as soon as possible"

-"Ohh I get it"- I look at her questioning what does she get?-"You want to finish this as soon as possible so I can leave"

I feel the pain in my chest again when I realise the sad tone she had in her voice. Why does it bother me so much how she feels, why does it affect me so much when she looks at me with her beautiful grey eyes.

-"Something like that."- I say like I don't care, and her eyes darken again and I can see she feels awful here but I can't do anything to change that.

We work for a few hours changing bits and bobs in our project but it's nothing to difficult. Seeing Jasmine work is actually kind of amazing she makes this cute face when she's concentrated and right now I feel like I'm losing my mind. She looks peaceful and I get goose bumps. I get up pretty quick and go to the kitchen area, I don't know what's wrong with me and I'm freaking out. I go and get a glass of water, and I can hear Jasmine getting up.

-"You okay Rayne?"- She asks me with a sweet voice and I get goose bumps again. She puts her hand on my shoulder and I turn to look at her. I look at her and her grey eyes, she's looking at my lips and unknowingly I'm doing the same to her.

I feel Jasmines lips on mine, and I don't know what to do or how to react, I kiss her back after a few second but it doesn't take me long to snap back to reality.

-"No, I can't"- I put my hand in her stomach and push her away not using force kind of gently. Tears come to my eyes and I can't look her in her eyes.

Jasmine hold the hand that was in her stomach and lifts my face with her other hand so I would look at her.

-"You can't or you don't want to?"- I don't tell her anything because I don't understand what I want right now.-"Is it because of your mother?"- Jasmine asks and I just feel this fury coming over me.

-"How do you know about that? Were you listening behind the kitchen door the other day?"- I say with so much anger that Jasmine walks back scared.

-"I didn't do it on purpose, I went to get a glass of water and I overheard your conversation."- Jasmine says ashamed.

-"The stupid project is done, I want you out of my house and I don't want to talk to you ever again do you understand me? I'm not like you and my mom I'm normal."

Jasmine has tears in her eyes but nods.-"We are normal people Rayne, and you'll see that one day, but I'll leave."

When Jasmine leaves I start crying and I smash the glass again the wall. How could she.

After about 5 minutes of Jasmine leaving I heard a knock on the door but I didn't go and answer and the person knocked again.

-"Rayne is me Annie open up". - Annie said with a sweet voice.

-"It's, its o open"- I tell her sobbing.

I see her come in and her eyes widen at the place, then she looks down and sees the smashed glass. She looks at me right away, I'm lying on my sofa crying and she comes over and hugs me.

-"What wrong champ?"- She asks concerned.

I tell her everything that happened with Jasmine, the little arguments, the kiss that just happened and the fact that she heard the conversation with my father.

-" Rayne I really think your starting to like this girl and you should talk to your mother and hear her out"

-"I don't want these feelings Annie I really don't"- I say still crying.

-"Well you'll never know what can happen"- She smiles at me.

-"People will talk at school and they will judge me"

-"Hey champ don't think about that, other people don't matter what matters is what your heart tells you to do"- I nod and we keep quiet for a while until I dose of to sleep.