Chapter four

Chapter four
A

"Sawyer! No!" I look back to the others as panic is clear on all of their faces

"Distract it!" I shout back as I make my way to Octavia, noise being heard from the others in an attempt to distract the creature.

Once I reach Octavia, I put her arm over my shoulders and pull her to land.

"Sawyer, quickly!" Clarke shouts as I push Octavia first, Jasper and Clarke helping her before Finn and Monty take my arms and pull me out.

Myself and Octavia lay beside each other panting heavily.

I look down at her leg that was bitten, Clarke already attending to it.

"Thanks," Octavia says turning her head to me, "If you were a boy I would totally kiss you." She says as I smile at her.

"Note to self, next time save the girl." Jaspers says to himself making us all laugh.

Once everyone had calmed down, we walk a little further before settling down for the night.

"Morning!" I open my eyes to Octavia spinning around trees and smiling. I sit up as I take a drink of my water.

"Come on, we don't wanna burn anymore daylight." Clarke tells us as I grunt but get up from my seating position.

"So, apart from your father - who's a dick by the way - you got any other family?" Octavia asks me as I laugh slightly. "By that statement, you think so too?"

"Oh, yeah." I nod as she smiles at me.

"But no, apart from my asshole father, no one." I say as she nods.

"Yeah me too." Jasper then butts in as he looks down. I could tell it bothered him, I felt sorry for him. I pat his shoulder as a way to comfort him and he gives me a smile in return.

"Guys!" I look ahead to see Finn and Clarke at an opening as we start jogging to catch up.

When I exit the woods, I come to an opening with a river flowing and land on the other side.

"We need to get across." Clarke informs us as I nod.

"Well, what about this?" I ask, walking over to a huge vine that hung onto the trees above. I pulled it to feel if it was strong enough.

"Will it hold?" Monty asks as I nod.

"Yeah, I think so." I tell them with a smile. "I'll go first just in case it doesn't, don't want any of you dying because of me." I say with a small chuckle as I begin to back up with the vine.