Chapter sixty-three

Chapter sixty-three

"How does it feel?" Clarke dabbed a cloth around the healing wound on my arm

"Better. It's definitely healing." I told her as she nodded. I glanced at Marcus who was watching Clarke carefully tending to the stitches.

"I can't believe you had a worm in your arm," Marcus said in awe as he shook his head lightly. "That's so cool." He looked up at me and I couldn't help but laugh, Clarke and Madi soon laughing with me.

"Yeah, wasn't all that cool though when it was being pulled out." I told him as he smiled shyly at me.

Marcus was about to reply but he was interrupted by the entrance of tent being pulled open. I looked back over my shoulder towards the entrance and my eyes fell on Octavia who glanced over myself and Clarke. Marcus immediately backed up and stood beside Madi, and even though Octavia offered him the smallest smile and a nod, his face remained stoic and he stood closer to Madi. I could tell he didn't like Octavia very much, and I didn't exactly know how to feel about that.

Madi however, was looking at Octavia in complete awe. She loved the stories about Octavia, it's just unfortunate that Octavia was no longer the girl in those stories.

"How's your arm?" Octavia asked as she stood beside me.

"Better." My tone was apathetic and I didn't bother keeping my eyes on her and instead looked at the wound on my arm as it fell silent.

"Madi's a big fan." Clarke said, causing me to glance up at her and then at Madi who smiled shyly, "We told her every story about the girl under the floor who saved the human race."

"And what's your story?" Octavia asked, taking a small step towards Madi. I sent Clarke a weary glance as she nodded and wiped my arm dry. "You survived six years of radiation? What's your secret?"

"Synthetic nightblood." Clarke told her as she began to put away her medical supplies. I grabbed my coat from the chair I was sat on and put it on, walking over to stand next to Marcus.

"We all have it." I told Octavia as we locked eyes. "Clarke shared her bone marrow with me first, then we shared it with Madi and when Marcus was old enough, we did the same for him." I explained as Octavia raised her eyebrows slightly and nodded.

"Well, you're lucky Clarke and Sawyer found you." Octavia told her as Madi nodded in agreement. "And what about you?" Her eyes then fell on Marcus, and Octavia moved to kneel down in front of him.

"What about me?" Marcus asked in a strong voice as Octavia smiled.

"Who was your favourite? From the stories your mom told you?"