Chapter fifty-four

Chapter fifty-four
A

"Can you move it?" I ask Octavia as she begins moving her leg back and forth, nodding slightly from the bed she was currently sat on with her legs dangling over

"Yeah. I'll be fine." She dismisses me, glancing at me quickly. I sigh at the defeated look in her eyes as I watch her glance back at Ilian, who was shackled to a bed a few rows down from us recovering from his injuries.

After the fire died down, word got out that it was Ilian who was responsible. And while my father locked him up, other Arkadian's took it into their own hands to give him their own form of punishment in the shape of a beating.

"Did Bellamy speak to you?" I ask as I could tell she was trying to avoid my eye contact.

"He tried." She mumbles in response as I place a hand on her knee, finally getting her to look at me.

"You didn't see him. When Echo told him you were dead, he broke down, O." I inform her as I see her jaw clench.

"He didn't see me when Pike put a bullet in Lincoln's brain because of what he did. I broke down, too." She retorts.

"He's trying his best. You don't need to forgive him, but I know you love him." I tell her softly as she looks away from me, a small tear bridging her waterline. "Just don't wait until it's too late to tell him." I see her swallow harshly as she remains silent. But she doesn't get a chance to respond as I hear two pairs of footsteps enter the door behind me.

"Lock this room down immediately. They're right behind us." My dad orders David as I furrow my eyebrows, following my dad as he walks over to Ilian.

"What's going on?" I ask, grabbing onto his arm as I hear David lock the door.

"Where is everyone?" I hear Monty ask Octavia.

"Out there with them." She responds.

"There's an angry mob out there," My dad points to the now locked door. "That want to kill him. And I can't let that happen." He says as I nod in agreement. I hear banging on the door, the voices behind it ordering us to open it.

"Sir, maybe we should reconsider." David suggests, but my father is quick to respond.

"No. We aren't doing this."

"On the Ark, we floated people for this." David protests as I roll my eyes.

"We aren't on the Ark. How many times do you people need to be reminded of that?" I snap at him.