Chapter fifty-one

Chapter fifty-one
A

"Never a dull moment, huh?" I turn my head, watching as Murphy made his way over to us, the fire torch on the wall being the only thing lighting up the night sky and his face

"Bellamy, pay attention." Indra warns him as his attention shifts to Murphy. "She's part of the royal guard, spies. That's why she's not marked, very dangerous, very loyal." Indra continued, telling him all about Echo.

Earlier, Jaha had secretly gotten Octavia, Clarke and Abby in to treat Roan, and all we had to do was distract Echo and the rest of her kru.

"Yeah, apart from the people who saved her life." Bellamy mumbles. I knew Bellamy held a grudge against her after what happened at Mount Weather and I didn't blame him. I would probably feel the same. I didn't like echo at the best of times anyway.

"Bellamy." I say, placing a hand on his arm as he turns to look at me. "You need to put your feelings aside for this. We just have to keep her busy until our people are done." I remind him. He stared at me for a moment before nodding and taking my hand in his, squeezing it lightly in reassurance.

"You offer gun, technology, whatever it takes to keep her talking. Is that clear?" My dad asks but before Bellamy gets a chance to respond, Indra speaks.

"I didn't agree to give them guns."

"Only because you're not an idiot." Murphy states as I roll my eyes.

"Murphy." I warn, causing him to hold his hands up.

"It won't get that far." My dad says. "Our objective is to buy time for Abby to save the king. If you want to help," He turns to Murphy. "Grab a weapon, stand a post."

"Take mine." Bellamy says, taking his gun off his shoulder and handing it to Murphy as they nod to one another. His eyes then land on me as I swallow harshly. "I've got this."

I nodded in response. I was confident in Bellamy, but I wasn't confident in Echo. Bellamy began walking as I kept my gun by my side. I stood beside my dad and Indra as we watched Bellamy reach Echo halfway, but they were too far to hear any words being exchanged between them.

I watched their lips move and I wanted so badly to know what was being said as I could see that Echo's words were agitating Bellamy from the look on his face. My breathing hitched as I saw Echo begin to walk away, but Bellamy caught her wrist, causing Echo to slam him into the ground and hold a knife to his throat. I immediately raised my gun straight at Echo, my heart almost beating out of my chest.

"Guns on the ground or he dies." Echo calls, looking towards myself.

"If we disarm, we die." Indra informs us. I clench my jaw and shut my eyes for a moment, before lowering my gun and placing it on the ground. I don't see anyone else lowering their weapons causing me to turn back to our people behind us.