Chapter fifty-five

Chapter fifty-five
A

I stood beside Bellamy, watching the crowd in front of us as a few words were said for the fallen ones

"May we meet again." Jaha spoke, placing his fire torch down to the podium the bodies lay on.

"May we meet again." Everyone says in unison as the flames ignite. I see Jasper walking towards myself and Bellamy.

"Too many funerals, too little time." He mumbles, causing me to sigh.

"Have some respect for the dead." Bellamy warns him in a stern voice as he walks past, myself and Bellamy both turning to look at him.

"What for? They don't mind." Jasper says, turning to look at us briefly before continuing to walk.

"Jasper, where are you going?" I ask as he slows down to a stop and turns back to look at me.

"Wherever the day takes me." He shrugs with a smile as myself and Bellamy glance at each other.

"Go." I tell him, gesturing my arm to Jasper.

"You'll be alright?" Bellamy asks, taking a step forward as I nod in response.

"I think I can handle it." I say half-joking, because the reality was that there isn't much to handle right now. Bellamy nods before running to catch up to Jasper as I sigh slightly, watching them walk out the gates of Arkadia.

I begin walking inside, glancing at the people still mourning the dead. I make my way to the Chancellor's office to see my dad, and as I walk in, I see Jaha talking to my father with urgency.

"What's going on?" I wonder, walking over to my dad's desk which he sat behind.

"Jaha thinks he knows where the Second Dawn bunker is." My dad informs me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows and look at Jaha.

"But we already found the bunker, it wasn't a viable-"

"I believe what we found was a decoy." Jaha says, cutting me off. "This coin," He continued, shifting the coin that was placed on the table towards me. "Is level eleven. Cadogan said only those who reach level twelve would be saved." Sudden realisation washed over me as I realised Jaha could be right. "The bunker we found was built-"

"To stop the real bunker from being overrun." I finish for Jaha as I feel my fathers surprised eyes on me.

"How did you know that?" My father asks as he sits up and I shrug slightly, turning to look at him.

"It's just makes sense." I say, thinking back to video Jaha had shown me and Bellamy on the way to the bunker we found. "Even so, how do we know where the real bunker is?" I turn my attention back to Jaha as he looks up at me from the chair he was seated in.

"From the ashes we will rise. It became a grounder prayer and their sacred symbol was once a corporate logo." Jaha explains.

"So, you think the bunker is in Polis?" I question as he nods.