Chapter fifteen

Chapter fifteen
A

"Sawyer, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, dad." I say, taking a deep breath as I stare at the screen with my fathers face and Jaha's face staring back at me.

"We have to talk about what Bellamy did on the Ark." I say as Jaha nods.

"Yes, we do." He says as I briefly look at Bellamy. "Mr Blake, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while."

"You can not be pardoned of your crimes, Bellamy. I am sorry." He says as I shake my head.

"Chancellor, when you sent us down here, you sent us to our death, my own father sent me to my death." I say, calmly as my father looks to his lap.

"Part of the reason most of us are still alive is because of Bellamy, he's one of us and deserves to be pardoned of his crimes." I explain as Jaha looks to my father. My dad whispers something in Jaha's ear making him sigh.

"I wish it were that easy but it's not." Jaha tells us.

"It is." Bellamy says as I look to him. "If you want to know who on the Ark wants you dead."

Jaha leans forwards, signalling that Bellamy had his attention.

"Bellamy Blake, you have been pardoned for your crimes." Jaha says as I smile, as does Bellamy. "Now tell me, who gave you the gun?"

"Shumway." Bellamy answers. My dad looks to Jaha before going to stand up.

"I'll take care of it."

"No, stay here with your daughter." Jaha says as my dad sits back down and Jaha leaves the screen.

"Do you want me to stay?" Bellamy asks as I sigh and shake my head.

"I need to do this alone." I say, looking to him as he nods.

He takes off his headset that was enabling him to talk to the Ark and leaves the room.

I take a deep breath in before facing my dad.

"Hi dad." I say, letting my breath out.

"I'm so sorry." He tells me as I nod.

"I know." I respond, opening myself up more to forgiving him.

Finally.

-

"Hey, I never got the chance to see you when I came back." I say to Finn as he smiles at me and we pull each other into a hug. "How're you feeling?"

"I'm okay, you spoke with your dad?" He asks as I nod.

"How did that go?"