Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen
A

I exit the drop ship to see everyone holding guns at each other and freaking out, blood coming from a few people's eyes that had clearly gotten the virus

A few people were trying to calm people down but it didn't seem to making a difference.

I pull my gun out and aim it to the sky before pulling the trigger three times causing everyone to stop freaking out and look at me.

"Are you all idiots?" I call to everyone. "Don't you see this is what the grounders want? Why kill us if we kill each other?"

Most people look down but I turn my head back as I hear footsteps and I see Clarke exiting the drop ship. I run over to her but she puts her hands out to stop me from touching her.

"Sawyer's right! You can't be attacking each other." She says, weakly as we face the crowd again.

"They won't have to kill us if we all catch the virus! Get back in the damn drop ship!" I see Dylan raise his gun towards Clarke but it's soon taken from him as Bellamy punches him.

"To state the obvious, but your quarantine isn't working." Bellamy says, looking to Clarke. I look over to her as she wobbles from side to side and I see she's about to fall.

Out of instinct, I put my hands out to catch her.

"Sawyer! No!" Bellamy calls but it's too late as Clarke is already laying in my arms.

"No, you shouldn't have touched me." Clarke tells me as I laugh a little.

"I wasn't just gonna let you fall, Clarke." I say as the smallest hint of a smile shows on her lips.

"I'll stay in drop ship, just in case I get the infection." I say as I look up to Bellamy who was now joined by Finn and Raven at his side.

"Octavia will come back with a cure." I say, hopefully as I nod my head.

"There is no cure." I look beside Bellamy as Octavia makes her way through the crowd and stands beside him.

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy asks.

"The virus doesn't kill!" She tells everyone.

"Really? Tell that to them." Bellamy retorts as he points to two of our own who had died earlier and their bodies lay next to the drop ship.

Octavia stays silent for a moment before looking at me.

"I warned you about seeing that grounder again." Bellamy tells her sternly.