Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen
A

"How long are we supposed to wait?" Jasper asks as we are all huddled together under the large tent that we had no time to set up, it was only covering us like a huge blanket

"Will this even work?" I ask, looking to Finn.

"We'll find out." He replies to me as Bellamy sighs.

"No we won't." He says as he stands up and removes the cover from his body.

"Bellamy!" I shout as I stand also and he is stood there smirking at me.

"If I didn't know any better sunshine, I'd say you cared about me." He tells me as I roll my eyes.

"Even when we could die any second, you still manage to be an asshole." I say as I walk past him and the others stand to their feet too.

"They're coming back." Jasper says as I look around and notice one lone grounder running through the trees as we crouch down and look at him.

"I think he's alone." I tell them.

"Now can we run?" Monroe asks.

"He doesn't see us, I'm going after him." Bellamy says as I nod to him.

"Kill him?" Finn asks as Bellamy shakes his head.

"No, capture him, make him tell me where Octavia is and then kill him." He explains as I look to Finn who didn't look quite comfortable with that but by this point Bellamy had already started to go after the lone grounder.

I get up myself and follow Bellamy.

It was dark out yet again, we didn't manage to catch the grounder but we did mange to follow his tracks.

"Through here." Finn says as he leads us to a cave. Bellamy steps in front as he is first to go in, followed by Finn, myself, Jasper and Monroe.

"Bellamy?"

"Octavia."

I turn the corner into the cave and see Bellamy helping his sister who sat on the ground beside chains she was locked too.

I look to the grounder that was unconscious on the ground.

I step more towards him as I study his face.

"He helped me." I tell them as they all look to me. "When I told you about the grounders I encountered before, he was the one who helped me." I explain as Octavia looks to me.

"He helped me too." She says as she rises to her feet and throws her arms around me after Bellamy unchained her.

"How did you find me?" She asks, pulling back and doing the same to Jasper.

I look back to the grounder who still lay unconscious.

"We should go before he wakes up." Octavia comments as Bellamy grabs a spear that lay against the cave wall.