Chapter Sixteen

Chapter sixteen
A

"I'm not sure about this," I say to Bellamy, Raven and Jasper as we make sure not to lose sight of the others in front

"I'm not sure about this," I say to Bellamy, Raven and Jasper as we make sure not to lose sight of the others in front. "We're trying to make peace not start a war."

"We're only doing this incase it goes south." Bellamy reminds me.

It was probably for the best incase anything did happen, I didn't want any of my friends getting hurt but Octavia and Finn believed it was just me out here, they had no idea Clarke asked Bellamy, Raven and Jasper to join me.

"What's Octavia doing here?" Jasper asks as I look up to see her running down the bridge soon to be embraced by Lincoln.

Bellamy raises his weapon as he looks through the scope.

"Hey." I say harshly as I grab his arm and he turns to me. "Only if it goes south." I warn. He stares at me for a moment as I give him a cold stare.

"Wait, look." Raven says as I look away from Bellamy and back to the bridge to see more grounders at the other side.

One of them jumps down from their horse as they walk to the middle, Clarke meeting with her.

I aim my rifle trying to get a better look.

"Grounder princess looks pissed." Raven comments.

"Our princess has that effect." Bellamy retorts as I look around through my scope.

I stop as I see a shape in the tree's. It was grounders. They brought people.

I choose to remain silent about it, there was no need to tell them yet.

"I really wish I could hear what they're saying." Bellamy points out.

"Oh no." I turn my head to the left to look at Jasper. He was looking at the trees.

"Jasper, no." I say sternly but it's too late.

"The trees! They're in the trees!"

Jasper begins to shoot as does the others.

"Clarke run!" Jasper shouts as he steps out giving away our hiding position.

I aim with my rifle to Clarke as I see the grounder princess take out a knife from her sleeve which she is about to stab Clarke with.

I pull the trigger making sure to only hit her knife as the billet throws it from her hand and she runs off.

"Fall back!" I shout as I push the others back into the trees, arrows flying past us at rapid speed.

As we keep running the others soon catch up with us and we make our way back to the drop ship.

Once we return it's dark out again but we all stop before we enter into camp completely.