Chapter six

Chapter six
A

"Come on, Jasper, just stay with us

"Come on, Jasper, just stay with us." I say as his desperate cries for help fills my ears again. "Clarke, Wells and Finn will be back soon, just a little longer."

Everyone had started to get irritated with the constant sound of Jasper crying and screaming, most wanted to just let him die but wasn't going to let that happen.

"Sawyer!" I hear my name being called by Bellamy as he starts to climb up the ladder in the drop ship up to the top level.

"What?" I ask as I wipe a cloth over Jasper's sweat covered fore head.

"I need you to come hunting." He says as I turn around to look at him from where I was crouching on my knees beside Jasper.

"What makes you think I can hunt?" I ask, bewildered he was even asking me.

"Because you made these." He says as he holds up one of my hand blades I made earlier from wood and metal scrap.

I get to my feet and take it from him.

"Clarke and Finn already left so I need who I can get." He tells me as I look back to Monty who was now aiding to Jasper.

"It's fine, go, I'll watch him." Monty tells me as I smile at him before turning back to Bellamy.

"Okay, fine." I say as he nods and we both make our way outside.

Once he gathers up the others who are going we set off into the forest.

We all walk slowly and quietly so we don't disturb any animals that would be around.

I see a boar walking on the grass as I put my hands out to the others to stop walking.

"This ones mine." Bellamy tells me as he walks passed me and raises his weapon causing me to roll my eyes at his arrogance.

I then hear a sound behind us as Bellamy throws his weapon to the noise, landing it in a tree as we see a little girl stood just beside it.

"What the hell?" I say as I walk over to the girl, Bellamy following behind me, the other boys running after the boar.

"Who the hell are you?" Bellamy asks the girl.

"Charlotte." She tells us as I look at Bellamy questioningly.

"Why are you out here?" I ask as Bellamy retrieves his weapon.

"I almost killed you." He points out.

"That guy that was dying, I just couldn't listen anymore." She explains as I sigh.

"There's grounders out here, it's too dangerous for a little girl like you, Charlotte." I tell her as she looks to the ground.

"I'm not little." She says, her voice hard and confident, surprising me for a girl her age.

"Okay then," Bellamy says taking out a small knife from his pocket. "But you can't hunt without a weapon." He says handing her the knife but I take his arm and stand in front of him before she can grab it.

"Are you serious? She's a little girl." I tell him.

"Move, sunshine," He says, nodding his head to the side. "She needs to learn sometime."

"No." I say sternly as he sighs and rolls his eyes.

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that?" He tells me as I nod.

"It's okay, really, I'll be careful with it, I promise." Charlotte says from behind me as I turn back to her. I shake my head but move aside.

Bellamy hands her the knife as she stares down at it.

"If she does anything stupid, it's on you." I sneer at him.

Chapter six
B

We continue to walk through the forest, searching for anything that we could take home for dinner

We continue to walk through the forest, searching for anything that we could take home for dinner. Charlotte was behind myself and Bellamy and we had lost the other boys.

"Do you hear that?" I ask as I hold my hand up making all three of us stop walking. The sound of a horn and drums could be heard from a far distance.

"What is that?" Bellamy asks as I shake my head.

"Sounds like a war cry or something." I say as I look to him, his fave though had a worried expression.

"Bellamy, what is it?" I ask as he now looks to me.

"We need to run." He says as I turn around to see a huge orange fog making its way to us. "Come on, let's go!" He shouts as he pulls mine and Charlotte's arm to run.

We keep running but the fog doesn't seem let up and at this point it was coming from all directions.

"We need to take cover!" I shout to Bellamy who was just ahead of me.

"There's a cave down this way!" He shouts back, pointing to a spot in front of him.

"Come on." I say to Charlotte as I pull her hand in mine and run towards Bellamy.

I see Bellamy make a sharp turn behind a tree and when I reach it he's no where in sight.

"Bellamy!" I call just as he comes up behind me, taking my arm and leading me into the cave along with Charlotte.

"What the hell is that?" I ask as I try to catch my breath.

"I don't know, but it killed two of our own earlier today." He tells me as I stare at him.

"Thanks, for not ditching us." I say with a hand on my hip as he looks to me.

"Why would I do that?" He asks, raising his eyebrow as I shake my head.

"Sometimes get the impression we don't get along, you know?" I say like it's obvious making him laugh a little.

"Doesn't mean I'll leave you to die, sunshine." He chuckles as I smile a little. "See! There's that smile I've been dying to see since we landed." He tells me as he motions his arms towards me. "Even if it was only a small one."

I glare at him a little before sitting on the ground.

"How long before we can leave?" I ask as Bellamy shrugs.

"I'd probably say we're best staying here for the night, don't wanna risk it." He tells me as I nod.

"Great." I say with a sarcastic tone before laying on my side and turning away from him.