Chapter twenty-six

Chapter twenty-six
A

"Okay, so you can climb out through here

"Okay, so you can climb out through here." Raven tells us and Clarke is quick to reach her hand out to touch the grey wire to climb through.

"Woah." Raven says as she hits her hand away from the wire. Raven lifts one of her crutches to touch the wire as a surge of electricity comes from it.

"When I say, then you can climb through." She tells Clarke with a glance in her direction.

"Okay, now." Raven says into her walkie talkie.

"Done." A voice says back as raven nods at us.

Bellamy grabs the wire and lifts it as we all climb through and out the other side.

We thank Raven as we sneakily make our way into the woods, being sure to let no one catch us.

"Why can't we just tell them we're going to look for them?" I ask to any of them.

"They won't let us, Abby snuck us out the other night but, your dad," Bellamy begins as I walk beside him and at the mention of my dad I look to him. "He thinks we don't know what we're doing."

I sigh and look back out in front of me, shaking my head.

"Looks like he hasn't changed then." I comment.

"He's chancellor now, Sawy." Octavia informs me as I scoff.

"He got everything he ever wanted." I tell them. "What happened to Jaha?"

"He didn't make it, he stayed in the Ark so everyone else could come to the ground." Clarke says as I nod and don't say another word.

We had been walking in silence for a while now, no sign of Finn or Murphy.

"Why are we suddenly forgiving Murphy again? Haven't we done that enough?" I ask, again to no one in particular.

"Your dad locked Bellamy up for fighting with him." Octavia explains as she turns to me. "Trust me, I had the same question."

I look to Bellamy who stood a far bit away from me.

"He locked you up?" I ask as we all stop walking, looking through the trees for any signs of the two boys.

Bellamy glances at me over his shoulder for a second before lightly sighing.

"Yeah." He answers as he walks over to me and we all begin to walk again. Octavia and Clarke a fair bit in front of us.