1

Let's begin shall we?

Rylee up there.

Rylee POV

  "Can you explain to me again why I'm going to camp?" I asked my mom for the 45th time since she first told me that she signed me up. "Well for starters, you need something to do besides laying around and sleeping until 12-1 in the afternoon everyday. Not to mention all you do is play video games until 12 or 3 am." "That's not true. I hang out with my friends too!" I interjected. "The same friends that make you fight their battles because they can't really fight like that? Or the same friends who stole from the corner store and stuffed everything in your book bag and then let you take the fall like it was nothing?" she said as I really didn't have anything to say after that. 

  Don't you just hate it when your parents are right about virtually everything? I know I do. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? I thought so." she said as I mentally cursed her out. Maybe I do need to reevaluate my friendships, clearly this is a problem. "Besides as change of scenery would do you good. You get to make some new friends. Hopefully some good ones, you need to be surrounded by good people."  There's literally no point in arguing with her anymore, she's already made up her mind. "When am I supposed to be leaving for this little camp you've signed me up for?" I asked her with my eyebrow raised. "Glad you asked. Tomorrow. Now get a good night sleep. You're gonna need it." she said as she quickly turned my light off and exited the room. She straight set me up man, not cool.

 The Next Day   

  "Lee let's go. Don't make me come up there!" My mom yelled as I packed the rest of my things and headed downstairs. "I'm here. I'm here. Don't put out and APB for me. I didn't run away." I said as I dropped my bag by the door. "Do you have everything that you need? We not coming back once I leave out this door." she said as I quickly thought about everything that I packed for myself. Damn! I forgot about my charger. I quickly ran upstairs to grab it. "I knew you forgot something." she laughed. Once grabbed my charger, I quickly ran back downstairs to see my mom opening the door. She's more excited about me leaving that I am. If I come back and find out that I have a new step pop, me and her are gonna have some problems. Then again, I would love for my mom to find her someone special. She spent most of her life being a strong single parent for me and my brother and sister (who are away on vacation. They have better friends then me. Not to mention jobs to afford such things. The struggle), that it's time she focus on her.

  "Are you OK kiddo?" she said ruffling my hair. "Uh, yeah. I'm good." I responded. "You sure? You were out of it for a good minute." she said looking at me concerned. "Yeah mom. I'm fine. Let's get on the road. I know you are excited for me to leave." I said messing with her. "Boy don't make....get in the car." she laughed as I put my bag in the trunk. Once I got in the car, she started it up and pulled off. It was a beautiful day and I was saying good bye to the life I once knew. "Boy shut up. You acting like it's you last day on earth. Dramatic ass." my mom said snapping me out of my thoughts. I can't believe I said that out loud. Welp. That's how I really felt so yeah. "Well can we at least stop and get something to eat? You didn't let me get breakfast this morning." I said looking at her. "Not my fault. Should've got up the first time but yeah I'll get you something to since I'm more than likely to get hungry around the same time as you. 

  That's the weird thing about me and my mom, we literally will get hungry around the same time. My sister said maybe my umbilical cord is still attached to her (don't laugh). She mad or nah? "Where's the music at? I'm not about to sit on the road for lord knows how long in silence." my mom said breaking me out of my thoughts. I turned on the radio and flipped through some channels only to be stopped by my mom. "Go back. That's my shit!" I went back to see what song she was talking about. It happened to be Big Sean's new single, Bounce Back. "Last night took and L but tonight I bounce back." me and her rapped together. Yep, my mom is hip on the current gen music. Hell, Big Sean happens to be her favorite rapper. Me and her continued to rap as she merged on to the expressway.