17

It works with me.

Chris up there.

Rylee POV

  Just when we thought we had brief moment of peace, this shit happens. "Looks like we won't be able to go kayaking for our lives." I said with air quotes to Justen. "Babe take a deep breath. We're getting out of here. Alive at that." he said as he wrapped his arms around me as I stood by the window watching the flames erupt. The camp looks a complete mess now to be honest. There's blood, bodies and now charred remains scattered all around. Add to the fact that those bodies are now starting to rot, the stench is becoming semi unbearable from this nasty ass heatwave. "Come on. Let's get away from the window. You never know who's out there." he said as he pulled me away from the window. 

  I laid up with my head on his chest while he rubbed my back. "What do they want with us?" I said as we laid in the bed. "Your guess is as good as mine baby. In the 4 years that I've been working here, this never happened. It was mostly laughs and people enjoying themselves. Not people running for their live and explosions." he sighed after that last part. "I'm sorry. I should've never came here. That way you could've have that experience again." I said as he stopped and sat up. "Rylee you talking real crazy right now." he said calmly. "I'm just saying. Had I never came here, your summer would've been fun and-" "This would've never happened!" he said cutting me off. "I would've never met you, we wouldn't have this bomb ass relationship. I would've never felt as happy as I do now." he continued. 

  Sometimes I wonder why I'm always like this. "Rylee when I first saw you, I was interested in you. You had me hooked and I didn't even know your name yet. I was happy as hell when I found out that you were in my group. More time for me to get to know you and see where we could go." he said as he held my hand. Well, I was not expecting allat to be honest. "You one of the best things that happened to me. I thought I told you that yesterday. Come one Rylee, stop doubting me." he said as I smiled at him. "There's that smile that I love to see." he said as I kissed him. "You know I'm going to check that explosion out right?" I said as I kissed him again. " Yeah I already know that but you're not doing it right now. It's my time." he said as I smirked. "Is that right?" I questioned him. "Absolutely now bring that ass." he said grabbing my ass.

  The Next Day

  I woke up the next day in a little bit of pain. Rule #1, never let your boyfriend blow your back out the night before you go and the try to investigate shit like a Caucasian. Shit I have noodle legs at the moment. I can't let him see that though because if he does, the nigga will not let me leave or live it down. I struggled out the bed to walk to the bathroom. It feels like I'm falling through the cracks of the earth right now. Once I finally made it to the bathroom I took a good look at myself. The stress is definitely getting to me. I have that new relationship glow though. This is one of the times where he walk behind me and put his head on my shoulder. I smiled at the thought. I really happy that I have someone like him by my side. 

  I hurried and showered before putting some clothes on before anyone woke up. Once I was done, I quietly snuck out the house and made my way to the lake house. Along the way, I walked across a few dead bodies along the way. All these innocent people who lost their lives because of a sick bastard. I made careful to stay hidden because i still wasn't too sure it was safe to be out out here like that. When I finally made it to my destination, I saw all of the damage. Everything was destroyed and the place smelt very.....burnt to say the least. I was getting a headache just by standing here. I know y'all probably saying  "well duh dumbass. Nobody told you to even go there in the first place", shut up. Out the corner of my eye, I saw a note on the wall. "It's not over" it read as I hauled ass outta there. 

  "Babe calm down. You almost knocked me down." Justen said as he opened the door. "We have to go. Now!" I yelled as he hugged me. "Wait calm down. Talk to me. What happened?" he said as I took a deep breath. "Justen there's no need to talk about it, we have to get outta here and get to Camp Superior. Now." I said as he nodded his head. "OK let me get everybody together and then we can go." he said as I paced around the house for a few seconds. "Rylee, wassup?" Marlon said as they all came into the room."We are leaving. Get whatever you need because we're going today." I said. "I thought we were leaving-" "We're going now!" I said cutting Lira off as everyone nodded their heads. "Justen tried to grab my hand as I walked out but I snatched it away from him.