19

*Blows dust* Hey how are ya?

Rylee up there.

Rylee POV

  It's been 3 days since my "friends" back stabbed me and two be honest, I'm still a little pissed. This is one of the reasons why I don't like to open up to people. That camp has been fairly quiet since then but that doesn't mean we're safe just yet. Justen is still fairly weak at the moment so he barely moves. Trust me, I've been disinfecting his wound every chance I could possibly get. I'm on my last bottle of alcohol so that means I have to raid the nurses office for more. "Lira I have to go to the nurses office to stock up on more medical supplies." I told her. 

  "I'm coming with you." she said as I shook my head no. "What do you mean no Rylee? You need backup. You can't just be going out there by yourself." she said. She had a valid point there. "You have to stay here and look after Justen. He's still fairly weak so he;s an easy target at this point." I said making another valid point. She let out a deep sigh before agreeing with me. "OK I guess you're right. Rylee please be careful out there. Even though it's been quiet for the last few days, I I fell like this is a set up." she said as I nodded my head. "That's all the ore reason why I need you to stay here. At least one of us will be alive. Just do me this favor please." I asked her. "OK OK but hurry your ass back. Take this too." she said handing me a knife as I smiled at her. 

  "That's why I love you. I'll be back." I said as I walked out the door. It was mad beautiful outside today. It kinda pisses e off that we are here fighting for our lives and shit. I would've at least went swimming in this weather. I made sure to be extra careful with my movements and steps as I walked to the nurses office. As I was walking, I peeped that someone was watching me from my old place. Fake ass niggas. Keep on looking wit yo looking ass. I kept walking until I got t my destination. To say it stink would be and understatement.  It smells like 40 years of hot garbage and death mixed in with some sweaty ass clothes. I have to hurry up, and get out of here before I die from the smell. I grabbed a satchel from the wall ad loaded up on the alcohol, peroxide, bandages and some nearby matches. They'll come in handy later.

  I heard a noise from nearby and immediately did the mannequin challenge, not about to get caught today bih. "Hurry up and grab what you need." the voice said. I don't know who they are and I'm not gonna try to find out either. Just as they were about to leave, I heard something snap and one of them scream in pain. See I knew it was too quiet for a reason. I quickly opened the window and ran my ass outta there. No time for me to be captain save a hoe. I heard a second scream which basically confirmed my decision. I hurried home and locked the door. "Rylee are you OK?" Lira asked me as I came rushing downstairs. "Yeah I'm good. It looks like their getting smarter and waiting for us to come to them before they kill us." I said to her. 

  "So we just have to stay away from basically everywhere now huh?" she asked. "More like the cafe, nurses and admissions offices. Those places are laced with traps now." I said as she nodded her head. "Hey baby." Justen said weakly. I damn neared cried y'all. It's been 3 days and he hasn't said a word nor moved since that day. "You're awake." I said, choking between my words before  running by his side. "Yeah I am. It's all thanks to you." he smiled weakly. I was smiling so hard that tears were starting to form. Just to hear him talking to me was that exact happiness I needed at this moment. I rubbed my thumb over his face as he smiled at me. "Y'all are so cute." Lira said as she smiled. "I'm just so happy to hear him finally talking." I said. "Bring me them lips." he said with a hoarse voice. I did just that and kissed my baby. 

  "That's better." he said as we broke the kiss. "OK this is nice but I have to clean your wound before bandaging it up." I said as he groaned. "Hey, hey. It could've been worse." I said as he laughed. "Roll over." I said as he slowly did that. I began my work, checking his stitches before dosing his back as he hissed at me. I feel bad but this needed to be done. Once I finished wrapping him up, I told Lira to hand me the flare gun. "When night falls, I'm going to shoot this one into the air.  That'll be our first cry for help. We'll hold off on the second for about three days before shooting that one in the air. We want to hold off using them both at the same time." I said as they both nodded their heads. "For now, we lay low and do what we always been doing." I said as we all laughed at each other.