Chapter Four

Tessa

I chatted with Will, Sophie, and Jem for a few more minutes and then the bell rang. Our teacher, Mr. Blackthorn, stood up and began to lecture us about the ancient Greeks. Will kept glancing at me, and I kept stealing glances at him. A couple of minutes into this lecture, a short girl with blonde hair came strutting into the room. "Sorry I'm late," She said, grinning. She sat down in a desk next to boy with brown hair.
After that, the lesson practically flew by. I had a couple of problems to finish up on a worksheet, but that was about it. "I have Spanish next," I whispered to Sophie. Sophie frowned. "Yikes. I have Chemistry next. Those are on completely different sides of the school." Luckily, Will was eavesdropping on our conversation. "I have Spanish next, too. I can you there if you'd like, Tessa," He said. "Sure," I said. My heart fluttered at the thought of Will walking me to class. I had never felt this way about somebody before. "Thank you, Will," Sophie said. He smiled at her. "Anytime."
The bell rang. Sophie promised me she'd meet me at lunch and hurried off. Will took my hand and pulled me up. "Come on," He pulled me through crowds. The guys said hi to him and the girls glared at me, for I was still gripping Will's hand. Our hands fit perfectly together. Finally, we reached Spanish class. Will and I sat next to each other. Will's sister, Cecily, was in the class, too. There was also the blonde girl who was late to U.S. History and a boy she was talking to with brown hair. Gideon and Gabriel Lightwood were in the class as well as a gorgeous girl with long black hair and dark eyes. I also saw the boy with glittery hair. Will went over and sat by the girl with black hair. I sat in the desk next to him, which also happened to be the desk next to the boy with the glittery hair. "Tessa, this is Isabelle Lightwood," Will introduced me. "She's Gabriel Lightworm's cousin and Alec Lightwood's sister." "Lightworm? I thought his last name was Lightwood," I said. Isabelle laughed. "It is. Will just hates Gabriel. I don't blame him. Sometimes I do, too. Gideon and Alec are pretty nice, though." The glittery haired boy joined our conversation. "Alec is wonderful," He said. "Speaking of Alec, I have something to tell you later, Isabelle." Isabelle gasped. "Did he-? Are the two of you-?" "Together?" He finished. "Yeah. Alec asked me to be his boyfriend this morning." Isabelle beamed.
The glittery haired boy turned to me. "I'm Magnus Bane," He said. "You're the new girl, right? Theresa Gray?" "Tessa," I corrected. "Tessa," He confirmed. He stood up and walked over to Isabelle and they started a conversation about Alec. Will looked at me. "Do you know a lot of Spanish?" He asked, brushing a piece of hair out of my face. I blushed at the gesture. "Not much," I confessed. The bell rang. Everyone sat down in their desks. The Spanish teacher was named Ms. Santiago. Apparently she and her son, Raphael, moved here three years ago.
I listened closely throughout the class. Spanish was truly a beautiful language. We learned how to say te amo, which is i love you in Spanish.
Will joked that I'd have to say it to him every once in a while, just to keep my Spanish fresh.