Chapter Eleven

Tessa

Will and I got in the car.
"Did you mean it?" I asked quietly. "Yes," He replied. "I think I do in fact love you, Theresa. I've had a girlfriend before, but I- well, it took me a while to fall in love with her. Two years. I've felt more for you then I ever felt for her, and I've known you less than twenty four hours."
The fact that Will used my real name sent a whole lot of new shivers up my spine.
Maybe I loved him, too.

. . . .

We reached the restaurant. It was a place called The Painted Horse. We were there before Jace and Clary, so we went inside and got a table. Will kept telling me how beautiful I looked. It made me blush every time, and then he told me how cute I was when I blushed.
Five minutes after we were seated, Clary and Jace came over and sat down. I'd met Clary before, but I had never spoken to Jace.
Clary was wearing a pink shirt with leggings and boots. Jace wore a black shirt and jeans. We all greeted each other.
"Is Tessa your girlfriend, Will?" Jace asked. "Hopefully one day," Will replied. Jace turned to me. "Have you ever met an angel, Tessa?" He asked. I shook my head. He smirked. "Now you have," Jace replied, gesturing to himself. Clary rolled her eyes. "Jace, you do this every time you meet someone," she said. Jace shrugged.
The waitress was a girl who looked to be about nineteen. "Hi, my name is Jenna, I'll be your waitress this evening," she said, smiling at Jace and Will and barely giving Clary and I a second glance. "Can I get you something to drink?" "Why don't you go first, babe?" Jace asked Clary, empathizing the word 'babe' so the waitress knew he was taken. Jenna then focused on Will completely. "I'd like a Coke Zero," Clary ordered. Jace went next. "Bring me a Dr. Pepper," He said. "I'll have a Sprite, please," Will said. "Me, too," I added. Jenna smiled at Will one more time, then walked off.
"Have you ever had Sprite?" Will asked. "No," I said, "but I think I'd like to try it." He smiled and touched my shoulder.
Clary started a conversation about the school dance that was coming up in about a week. I took the moment to scan the restaurant. My gaze stopped on a guy with blonde hair and an angry look in his eyes.
Nate.