Chapter Five

Cecily

When the bell finally rang, I gathered my things and stood up.
"Cece!"
I turned around. "What is it, William?" I asked. "I have to get to gym class now." "If you walk Tessa here to gym, I'll buy you Sonic for a week," Will said. "You have yourself a deal," I replied. "Come on, Tessa."
Tessa was the brown haired girl who had been hanging around Will and giving him goo-goo eyes all day. She had to stop by her locker to get her gym clothes. She strode next to me as we walked to the gym.
"So what is it you want from Will? You want him to date you? You want more than that?" I asked her. Tessa looked shocked. "No. I just want to get to know him. Plus, we're just friends," she said, blushing. I smirked. "Right. And I'm secretly Supergirl. Please. Tessa, it's written all over your face. You're in love with him. Most girls are." Tessa opened her mouth to say something, decided against it, then closed it.
"What?" I asked.
"What?" She asked.
"What were you going to say?"
"Nothing."
"Tell me."
"It's not important."
"Yes, it is."
"No, it's not."
"It is to me."
"It might offend you. You might get angry."
"I don't get offended easily."
"Don't you and Gabriel Lightwood have something going on?"
I stopped walking. Shame clouded Tessa's face. "I'm so sorry-" She started. I cut her off. "You got me," I confessed. "We're not official. Not yet. I do like him, though. I flirt with him whenever I get the chance. The only other person who knows I have a thing for him is my sister." "You have a sister?" Tessa asked.
Oh, by the Angel.
"No," I snapped. "I don't." The gym doors came into view. "The gym is just down there," I said, pointing. I hurried away from Tessa and into the girl's locker room. I had almost let it slip that I was adopted. I just didn't want other people to know. They'd make a big deal out of it. Plus, if Gabriel found out, my chances with him would be ruined.
My sister, Jessamine, was pulling her blonde curls up in a ponytail. Some of the other girls, Camille, Lily, Maureen, Bridget, and Livvy, were changing. Maia and Clary were putting their hair up. Jessamine acted like she hated me at school. She made a disgusted face when I walked into the room. "Anyways, as I was saying, I'm thinking about asking out Sebastian Morgenstern and then breaking his heart a week later," Jessie said. Clary stepped forward. "Do not touch my brother, Jessamine Lovelace. I don't care how much he likes you." "Make me keep my hands off him," Jessamine taunted, stepping towards Clary. "You have no idea what I plan to do to him." Luckily, Tessa stepped into the locker room right before Clary could respond. Camille walked over to her. "You're the new girl?" She asked. Tessa nodded. "I'm Tessa." "I'm Camille," The blonde said. Tessa smiled and shuffled past Camille and into a stall. "Jessamine, leave Clary's brother alone if you're just planning to play him," I hissed to Jessamine. She scowled. "Who says I'm gonna play him?"
"Jessie, you just did."
"Shut up."
Tessa stepped out of the stall in her t-shirt and shorts. There was a jacket over her shirt. "Jackets aren't allowed," Camille said. She walked over to Tessa and yanked the jacket off her.
Up and down Tessa's arms were long, thin scars.

Are there any characters you guys want P.O.Vs from? Just comment!!