Chapter Eight

Hey! Look who's back! (ME!) I'm really sorry I haven't been posting, but I'll try to get back to that. 😇

Tessa

The rest of the day flies by. Soon enough, I was in 7th hour, Calculus, with Will sitting across from me. Jem sat next to him and Clary sat next to me. "Clary, Tessa here is my date tonight," Will says. Clary beams at me. I smile back at her. The bell rings and we go quiet. A small woman gets up from the desk in a corner. "I believe we have a new student," She announced. "My name is Mrs. Branwell. You're Tessa, right?" I nodded. She glanced quickly at Will. He grinned back.
We got on with the lesson. About ten minutes into it, Will started a game of footsie with me under the table. "William," Mrs. Branwell said sharply. "Is there something you need from Miss Gray?" "No," Will muttered. "Sorry, Charlotte." About 40 minutes into the lesson, Jem began having a coughing fit. It got so bad, he began coughing up blood. Will shot a look at Mrs. Branwell. She nodded.
He jumped up and led Jem out of the room.
Soon, the bell rang. 8th hour passed with no excitement whatsoever. I walked back to my locker to collect my things. Will was leaning against it. "Hey, Tess," He said. "Get your stuff and I'll take you to the house." I packed up my things and we walked out to the parking lot. Cecily, Jem, and Jessamine were standing in front of the car. The girls were bickering and Jem was paging through a novel. When we reached them, Jessamine started speaking. "Will!" She whined. "Cecily won't let me ride in the passenger seat!" "You always ride up front!" Cecily shot back. Will unlocked the car. Jessamine won the passenger seat. "Um, do you always take them home?" I asked quietly. Will blushed. "Um, see, Tess, I'm adopted. So is Cece, obviously, as well as Jem and Jessie," He stuttered. I nodded. Will looked surprised. "You're not angry? Feel lied to? Upset? Disappointed?" He asked. I laughed. "No. You just didn't feel like telling. I know what it's like," I said. He smiled.
Will was pretty adorable. He was funny, kind, and smart. He was also empathetic.
He was just the kind of guy I had always wanted.
The kind of guy I had always needed.