an invitation?

The next morning Holly was the second one up. Walking downstairs, she went into the kitchen and found Safari already up. She was standing in front of the stove and had apparently not heard Holly walk in  because she had her hood down, showing her black and white tiger ears and hair. She was also quietly humming to herself as her tail lazily swayed back and fourth.

"Morning sunshine" Louise said as he came down the steps, rubbing sleep from his eyes "What ya cooking?"

Safari quickly pulled her hood up and turned to face him as she hid her tail under her coat.

"Just some breakfast" Safari said quietly. She quickly stepped out of the way and grabbed a plate with food on it already before walking to the back door and out into the back yard.

"Why is she always like that?" Louise asked still sleepy. He brushed it off and grabbed some scrambled eggs before sitting down at the table.

Everyone else started coming down soon after until the whole kitchen was alive with the silence of the morning. The last down was Creed and he looked even more tired than when he had gone to sleep.

"Sleep well?" Louise asked when he saw Creed walk up. Creed yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"No, the storm kept me up last night" He said sitting down at the table.

"What thunder storm?" Louise asked "I didn't hear anything" Creed shrugged.

"Guess you're a heavier sleeper than me" He said as he grabbed a plate. He walked over to the stove and struggled to reach the pan.

"Here, let me help you" Holly said. She took his plate and scooped him some eggs and handed it back to him. He took it happily and sat back down.

"Thanks" He said as he started eating.

"So what's the plan for today?" Katie asked. Sydney finished and set her plate in the sink.

"I was planning on going into town. We're low on food and healing potions" Sydney said "Plus some of our clothes could do with a patch or two"

"I heard there's a fair going on right now too" Holly added. "Maybe we could have some fun and sell some of our extra supplies to get more money"

"Good idea" Louise said "We'll leave once everyone's ready" Everyone agreed.

Creed watched as Louise and Katie pulled their hoodies over their wings and Sydney pulled her hood up, hiding her ears. They were careful to tuck there tails in and make sure everything was hidden before heading out to the barn where the horses were. Rocco and Stike following close behind.

"I'll take Creed" Louise said as Stike wrapped around his leg.

Creed gingerly followed him into the bar and let Louise set him on his horse before walking out. Stike was now up and hanging loosely around Louse's neck. He lifted himself on and the group started off.

"Why are you guys all wearing hoods?" Creed asked ten minutes into the ride.

"Because, we don't want people to know we're hybrids" Louise said.

"But why? I think you're cool" Creed said. Holly looked at him and smiled.

"Not everyone would think that. It can be dangerous for a hybrid and not everyone accepts us" Katie said "Where we're going is a hybrid safe place but people can still be stereotypical. It's especially dangerous for me and Louise. No one likes ender dragon hybrids after Enderlox."

"Not that they liked us in the first place" Louise muttered. They carried on in silence the rest of the way.

"Come on Seto!" Angel said as they walked down the streets "I want to get there soon!"