21. Vampires and an old Trunk

I stroll through the front door, a dreamy smile still plastered on my face. Tonight was better than I could have ever imagined. We danced, together as a group, for hours. God, can those Salvatores dance! I suppose that's what happens when you have had decades to practice.

  A giggle escapes me as I think about how it felt to be twirled around the dance floor. How it felt to be in Damon's strong hands, how my body reacted to his every touch. Makes my heart quiver even at just the memory. I could have danced all night with him if I had the chance, but it ended all too quickly.

  To think, I was actually dreading the dance and now it kills me for it to be over. With Damon as a dance partner however, who could blame me? I even caught a few glances of jealousy from onlookers who's dates did little more than sway to the beat.

  Damon didn't seem to notice however, too hypnotized but our dance. The way he was looking at me, like he couldn't take his eyes off me. I've never before felt so defenseless, like he could see right through me. As if he was devouring everything I had. Oddly enough, its wasn't a bad feeling. It made me feel, dare I say, desirable.

  Even Zeke noticed, if his incessant elbow jabs and eyebrow wiggles were to mean anything. Then again, with him that could have just been dancing.

  The only thing that could have made tonight better was if we had been alone when Damon dropped me off. The entire ride home I was antsy, unsure what to expect. He was so sweet, even getting out to walk me to my door. I swear I was going to trip over my own two feet no matter how hard I tried to walk casually.

  My mind was going crazy with different possibilities. All my nervousness was for nothing however. As soon as we made it to the porch whatever might have happened was quickly squelched by the flicking on of the porch light.

  As if Dad was watching for us he opened the door, grinning innocently at the two of us as he stepped out onto the porch. For a split second I panicked that Dad would recognize Damon from their previous meeting, but it seems that he has no memory of that night. Thank God, that could have been awful.

  Not that it was any less awkward really, Dad standing arm outstretched for a handshake. Damon, subtly dropping his arm from around my waist and taking a step to the side. Not that Dad missed it, but at least he was kind enough not to embarrass me by pointing it out.

  After I made introductions Dad stood there smiling expectantly, while I just awkwardly stood there frozen. Damon finally broke the silence by wishing us a good night. His eyes lingered on me for just a moment before he turned and made his way to his car. My heart fell just a bit as I watched him go. How have I grown so attached to him so quickly?

  Dad pulled me into a side hug and grinned down at me as I watched Damon drive away. I was prepared to be teased or scolded or well something... but no. Dad only kissed the top of my head and told me I looked beautiful. For the millionth time that night I blushed, never getting used to all the compliments.

  After wishing me a good night he turned and entered the house. I was speechless! I would have guessed he would have something to say about Damon. Aren't Dad's always supposed to disapprove of their daughters boyfriends or something? Well not that Damon is my boyfriend...

-------------------Damon's POV-------------------

  My hands tighten on the steering wheal as I speed away, paying little attention to the road before me. My mind is stuck on her, as it is so often is these days. A growl escapes my throat as I recall her movements against me. She was so soft in my hands, I wanted nothing more than to take her right there. To kiss her, to taste her.