11. Pancakes and Vampires

-------------------Damon's POV-------------------

  I look down at the girl staring up at me, waiting for me to do as I wish. She really does look very cute with her curly brown hair framing her innocent face, her big brown eyes filled with longing.

  I usually feel so powerful, so in charge when having a girl willing to do anything for me. It's not that hard to compel their weak minds, especially when they already want to please me so. This time however, when I look at her patiently sitting there on her bed, I just feel empty. I don't even know her name, although I know I've met with her before.

  The silk of her pink scarf is soft against my hand as I slowly unwrap it from her delicate throat. Since I can't kill them it only makes sense to have them hide my markings under a scarf. I lean down close to her and put my cheek softly against hers, savoring the moments just before I get to feed. I breathe in, but even this close I can't smell her.

  No matter what I do all I can smell is Nereza, driving me crazy. Her smell lingers everywhere I go, making me never able to forget about her, making my hunger a need that is never ending. Stefan doesn't understand, somehow he isn't affected and there is no way I am asking him about it. All I can do is feed from those I can, and wait till we are able to leave this place. Once I'm gone I will be able to put her in my past, and when I'm gone it won't matter what she thinks of me.

  I haven't told Stefan or Elena about her seeing me yet, I can't stand what they will say. I know they will tell me to make her forget, but I can't. Just remembering how Elena tried to mess with her mind makes my blood boil. I will figure it out, I will come up with a plan, but first I just need to take care of this hunger.

-------------------Nereza's POV-------------------

  I toss and turn all night, my mind racing with so many questions. After I guessed that Leo was acting out a vampire the room fell into an awkward silence. Thankfully Zeke's mom came in just at that moment to call us in for dinner. Her interruption couldn't have been better timed out, saved us from having to think of something to say. Not that we really would have anything to say anyways. Leo would think that we had completely lost it if we said we believed Damon to be a... I still can't bring myself to even think it.

  Now it's Monday morning, and I don't think I got a wink of sleep. The sun has been peeking into my room for quite some time, I probably should start getting ready for school. I entertain the idea of just staying home, but as soon as I remember Dad got fired I quickly move on from that.

  Dragging myself out of bed I groan aloud as I dig through my drawers. Already I know today will be a crazy. Zeke is going to be bugging me all day to try to talk through this. I am going to have to face Elena and Damon. Then to top it all off, I am going to have to concentrate and try to learn something!

   With all that, I can hardly even try to care about fashion. Throwing on the first t-shirt and jeans I find I decide its good enough. Not even thinking about it I half heartedly run a brush through my hair and apply a little eyeliner and lip gloss. Quickly I step into my already laced up shoes, throw my bag over my shoulder, and grab for my phone. Turning it on to see the time,  I'm shocked at how early it really is. Here I was thinking I'd be running late, and really I have over an hour before I have to even leave for school. Well I don't want to sit around here and risk running into dad, what's the chance he is up at 6:30 in the morning? Now would be the best time to try to sneak out, I can just go sit in the woods till it's time for class.