Miserable At Best

Title from Mayday Parade

Rham’s POV

I stood by the window, going through hthe chaos that occured less than a week ago.

The same chaos where I lost Serenity.

According to father we lost almost a quarter of our men. But that wasn't what i was worried of. I was thinking of Serenity . She wasn't suppose to escape. She wasn't suppose to be this far from me.

Or so near to her mate.

Especially if she is carrying my child.

I shook my head.

Then I hear father shouting again at the room beside mine in our emergency house.

"No!" he shouted, "If se will be staying anywhere it should be with us. We were the one who found out of her ability."

"She's a princess." a man calmly points out. "She needs a better accommodation than this."

"She's a prisoner! Accommodations should be the least of her worries!" a thud says that father hit the top of the table with a very angry fist.

"I will not be spoked to like this human."

"Look here bloodsucker." i frowned, "You are the one who is asking for my help. Lucky you that we want the same thing. i will not deny an alliance between our kind will surely be the answer to the fall of the shifters."

"All I want is to finish the lneage of the Daughter of the Moon." the stranger says, "No deity, no hope. No hope meant death. Death meant no more shifters."

"So you are planning to-"

"All the heirs or every newborn of the royal family of the shifters."

I wanted to move away from where i stood, not wanting to hear any more. but it was as if i was rooted on the floor as my father finally responded.

"That isn't hard to do, we'll kille the queen and the princess if we have to." My frown instantly turn into a scowl, "But they are too highly guarded right now.

"I have already taken care of that." the stranger says again, sounding satisfied."And I might also have an idea of where she is."

"If you have everything fixed, then what do you need my men for?"

"Man power."

I leaned nearer to the wall listening to their plan. My eyes widened when my father's visitor went into detail.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*end of flash back~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That was what happened earlier, now i was pinned on the wall, Serenity's mate's hand clamped around my neck, chocking me enough to make me see black and white.

 "You have a nerve to step into my house hunter!" he shouted on my face.

But as fast as he had me pinned, he was pulled off away and I dropped on the ground, gasping and coughing, catching my breath.

"Get him out of here if you don't want him dead Siam." he growled.

I can hear someone arguing with him, but it was his voice that rang the greatest. his hate and pain struck me, his anger pierced my heart.

"This is my house, Serenity is my mate, an unworthy being like that piece of sh*t is not welcomed in my land much more my house!"