Let Me Be The One

Title from Jimmy Bondoc

Cole’s POV

“I do want to be with you Jean, my mind, my wolf and my body wants to be with you.”

“But your heart is calling out for Tasha.” She says. “I get it Cole, she was the one who was there when you had no one. She understood you when no one did. But did you ever think that maybe the reason the fates chose us to be together so we would learn to trust others? Learn to accept that we aren’t so great that we can go through this life alone.”

I watch her break hear heart with every word she spoke, and all I wanted was to shut her up.

“I was like you, I never believed in mates, until I saw Eric. How he hoped and fought to be with Serenity again, I learned that there will always be things in life that will hurt us, that doesn’t go as we planned. But it doesn’t mean that we should give up. That we should take those pain and disappointments to hope that tomorrow will be better, that we can’t get any lower than we already are.” At that moment I admired her more, seeing her speak with so much courage despite the pain she was probably in. And with ever spoken word I wanted to apologize and make everything right.

“That there are things that are worth the risk.”

Those were the words that I needed to make me act, but she pulled away from me. But I won’t let her, I don’t want to fight anymore.

“That would bruise for maybe a couple of days,” she begins as I make my way to her, “but if you-“

I grabbed her by the waist and twisted her to face me.

Nothing more was stopping me, she was mine.

And I sealed that thought with a kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I stirred out of the best sleep I had since I could remember. I slowly moved over the bed, scared to wake up the girl beside me.

But to my surprise, the bed beside me was empty.

I sat up and looked around, the once bag filled room from last night was empty. As if no one was there the night before.

I shrugged, raised my knees up to my chest and rested my elbow as I ran my hands through my hair.

“Arrrgh!” I grabbed a pillow and tossed it across the room.

I dropped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

“This can’t be happening.” I said to myself, I run through my mind last night’s events.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I felt her tighten her hold of me after I marked her.

I breathed in her scent before I moved on top of her and stared at her.

“You marked me…”she said, surprised.

I smiled, “I had to, you’re my mate.”

She smiled and pulled me down and gave me a light kiss.

I lied down beside her and pulled her close to me, not wanting to let go.

“I promise never to hurt you again.” He whispered.

“I know.” She said moving nearer to me before she fell asleep.

After that I stared at her sleeping form for hours, memorizing every inch of her.

Running my hand over her cheek, her arms and taking her hands into mine and I held unto her before falling asleep.