The Only Exception

Title from Paramore

The whole time I was writing this I was listening to heart breaking songs... so just a little heads up the next few chapters would still be in the same note... a bit heart breaking...

so...

ON WITH THE SHOW!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Previously on Daughter of the Moon

Jean's POV

“I’ll be right here, alpha.” I say as I wipe away the unwanted tears on my face.

Eric gave me one of his famous smiles as he knelt beside me and gave me a brotherly hug.

“Good.” To my surprise he kissed the top of my head, inviting more unwanted tears to pour out.

Why can’t he be like Eric? I thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in love with Eric or anything. Far from it, I actually use to hate him after he practically forced me to join his pack.

The thing is, I was never one for packs or whatever, I prefer to be a lone wolf, I always had.

And I think it was pretty understandable seeing how the people who I was suppose to trust failed me. Well, my dad pushed through.

Unknown to anyone’s knowledge, I was still in contact with him. But he never begged me to come back or anything. I will never fit in at home or in his pack. Worse, I’d probably be a nuisance.

I was sure that I will go against all rules and laws, particularly the right of one to mate.

After what my mother had put me through, I vowed never to be mated or to even be intimate with any man or wolf. If I had to kill myself just not to be tied down, I would.

But all that changed when I met Eric.

I often watched him be surrounded by all these strong and powerful men, but never did once did he faked how weak he was feeling. He would throw a fit, cry and be a brat- he wanted his mate home and he didn’t care if it will take his life or his position.

She was beyond all that. She is his life- no question.

At first I was secretly laughing at how pathetic he was. It has never been heard of, an alpha of two packs- strong and big pack even- to be that emotional. In normal circumstances there would only be two cause of that kind of act.

One, to normal bonding, the male would have probably gone out and looked for a new mate as it is necessary for alphas to be wed or mated.

Two, he could have died- or worse, killed himself.

But Eric, being who he is, made a whole different path for him and Serenity.

He told anyone who would listen how much he was hurting, how much he miss and love her. Anyone who questions it will either be answered with a sarcastic smirk or a glare. Either way, Eric had assured that he will get Serenity back and secured their future as well.

Seeing how pure his intentions and faith in the bond made me realize how much I am missing in my life by giving up that one thing that made being a shifter truly special. My mate.

Since then, I have hoped deep in my heart that I will find a mate who will be as caring and faithful as Eric. Someone who will not judge me, instead, assure me that everything will be fine.