Maybe...

Title from Ingrid Michaelson

Previously on Daughter of the Moon

“We need to talk.” I said.

Eric sighed and walked toward his seat on the other side of the table.

“I was wondering when you were gonna tell me what’s going on.” He said.

“Yeah, well, I just needed time to think and be sure before I tell you.” I said as I leaned and handed him a folder that is just all too familiar to me this past few weeks.

He raised a brow and flipped the folder open. And as expected he was surprised, for a few seconds, then he starts to read over the letter, the leaflets and what not inside the folder.

I stared at his never changing reaction of a poker face as he read through the papers in front of him while I run through the memories of how I got hold of that folder.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was the same day that we came back from the whole days hopping spree. I had more than two dozens of shopping bags in my hand and was struggling to get into my room when the door opened. I peeked inside and saw Mama Ellena standing at the other side of the door.

“Oh, mama ellena, thank goodness you are here.” I said with a laugh, “I was debating of how I will be opening that door.”

She smiled and sat at the edge of my bed while I dumped the bags inside the walk in closet of my room.

Yeah, Eric and Cam pretty much gave me the accommodation fit for a princess. And seeing that Anna and Cam had usually held girl time in my room to hide from the boys, that littlee walk in closet had become a sacred place of ours that we had to have a bed and a couch put inside and Cam even had it widened and redecorated.

I walked back into my room, slipping out of my jacket. “So what can I help you with mama Ellena?”

“Come here child.” she says and tapped the sit next to her.

I gave her a weird look before I sat beside her. “Is there something wrong Mama Ellena?”

She gave me a smile, “How are you Jean?”

“Oh,” weirder and weirder, I thought, “I’m good. Thank you for asking. Mama Ellena is there something going on?”

She sighed and shook her head, “I know about him.”

“Him?” I asked. then it set on me. “Oh…”

She gave me another look, “How are you holding up?”

“I’m not really sure, to tell you the truth.”I said, giving in. “I mean, I told Eric that I don’t mind, I told the others I’m ok-“

“Are you?”

I frowned and looked down my lap, “No.”

I have been Cole and Tasha for days and well, let’s just say it isn’t getting easier.

I’ll see them beside each other talking, arguing, laughing, teasing… it was hard to bear. But seeing that Cole was happy with her, it was worth it.

“Do you think you can wait a little longer?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, sooner or later.” I said with a wave of a hand. But she dismissed the lie and gave me that knowing look of hers. “What do you want me to do Mama Ellena? Beg for him to accept me? Plead to higher court that he be ordered to choose me over her? it hurts mama Ellena, it does, but I don’t think I’m worth anything for him to lose something that he obviously wants.”