Chapter 2: Worst. Thanksgiving. EVER!

(Hello everyone! It's me again. Okay, so I'll update the story every now and then. I'm just busy with school and stuff *I don't own Percy Jackson whatsoever* Enjoy! )

Percy's POV:

     Okay, it's almost Thanksgiving. I know. It's a great holiday, with lots of food and relatives. But  the only bad part about it is that Annabeth's dad invited her to San Francisco for the holiday. I did feel  sad, but Annabeth needs to spend time with her actual family.

-----A few days ago-----

     Knock Knock! "I'll get it Percy!" Sally reminded. But I jumped off the couch and sprinted for the door. I almost knocked my mom over, but she let me answer the door. I flung the door open, and there stood a girl with piercing gray eyes with curly locks of hair. "Hey Percy," Annabeth blushed. I stepped out of the way to let her in "Hi. What's up?" I wondered. "I have to tell you something," Annabeth turned. By the look on her face, I knew it was going to probably  make me regret letting her in. We sat on the couch and Anabeth looked up at me.

     I find it hard to not just stare at her in amazement. "Um, hello? Earth to Percy," she waved. I shook my head and asked,"So what was it you were going to tell me?" Annabeth sighed," My dad invited me to San Francisco for the next few days. He wants me to celebrate Thanksgiving with them.And I was wondering it it was okay for me to go." After she said that, my heart fell to the bottom of my stomach. Gaah! I thought, What do I do?? Do I let her go, or have her stay with me? I paused for a minute.

     My brain was racking for an answer. Yes or no. I threw my head back in confusion and frustration. I finally cleared my head and swallowed,"You can go see your dad. You deserve it." I gave Annabeth a weak smile, and Annabeth brightened up like greek fire. "Oh my Gods!" Annabeth squealed," Thank you Percy!" Annabeth tackled me in excitement, and we both sank into the couch. I was toppled, with Annabeth on top of me. Her hair was in a tangled mess, and she had a beautiful smile. I got up and gave her a passionate, long kiss like it was our last. "Um, am I interrupting anything?" Sally coughed. We both jumped up and acted like nothing happened.

     "Mom!" I cried. I turned around and Annabeth was giggling. I playfully punched her in the shoulder. "So," Sally started," Annabeth do you want to stay for dinner? I baked pot pie." Annabeth stood up,"Oh no thank you Mrs. Jackson. I need to go pack for San Francisco." I walked Annabeth to the door, and she turned. "Thanks Percy," Annabeth smiled. Annabeth pecked a kiss on my cheek, and left the apartment.

-----Thanksgiving-----

     Today is officially Thanksgiving. And right at the apartment, I slumped on the couch knowing that Annabeth was in San Franciso. My mom was cooking dinner. She cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, pot pies, rice, bread buns, etc. And she made blue desserts, which was probably the only thing that brightened me up. A few hours later, guests started to flow in. Every 5-10 minutes, Sally would go "Oh hi!" or "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever!" or "Oooh, ling time no see!" or even "Oh my gosh you'er pregnant?! How exciting!" After everyone in my family came, there was one last knock on the door. I heard my mom say," Oh hello! I thought you left? Oooo, Percy will be SO excited too see you!"

     Right after she finshed the sentence, I raced through everyone to the front door. I burst through the doorway and embraced her in a big, bear hug. She pushed me away and grinned,"Hi Seaweed Brain. Happy to see me?" Thank the Gods, I thought, Annabeth is here! I managed to see Annabeth blush as red as an apple. " But I thought you were with your dad?" I questioned. Annabeth looked up," I'll just see them next time. I'd rather spend time with my boyfriend." Annabeth managed to see me blush too. We both chuckled, turned around, and I laced my hand into hers. Things can't get any better than this!