Chapter 23: I can't believe you!!

( OMG this book is coming to a great end!! Oh wait, did I say "end"?? Oh nooo!!!!! But here's another chapter for you guys! 2 chapters in one day!! Woohooo!!!! Read it now!!)

Reyna's POV:

     I was buried in paperwork and recomendation letters. My table was toppled with piles and piles of basically everything. My hands ached from writing so much. My hair was in a jumbled mess. And I was so tired!! And I also felt guilty. I'm not able to be with Jason. I'm so busy, I barely see him anymore. Not cool.

     One day I was working on the last pile of recomendation letters when I heard a knock. I expected Jason, but it was worse. "Well hello beautiful," Octavian smiled. My guts wanted to burst out from hearing him say that. "What do you want?" I questioned. Octavian walked over," Just wanted to see you. Is there anything wrong with that?"

     He walked over and sat next to me. "I also came to tell you," Octavian explained," that the gods have fallen silent. Every time I ask them for answers for Juno's plan, they never respond. And I sacrificed my golden teddy bear to get them to speak!"

     He held up what seemed to be a decapitated stuffed, yellow Care Bear. I giggled a bit, and he continued,"So anyway, what are you doing for Christmas? Cause I was thinking maybe we could go to New Rome and-" I interrupted,"Octavian, I can't go on a date with you. I'm with Jason."

     Octavian shook his head,"Don't say that. You don't love him." My temper took over,"I do love him Octavian. He's a great person. He's way better than you." There was a long pause. Octavian sat there gazing into the distance, looking concerned. "What is it now?" I asked.

     "Oh just remembering what Jason said about you yesterday," Octavian smirked. My curiosity enlarged," What did he say?" He shook his head," I don't think you want to know Reyna. It was pretty interesting though." I said," What. Did. Jason. Say?"

     Octavian sighed,"Are you sure Reyna?" I nodded, and gestured him to continue. Octavian explained," Okay, so I ran into him at New Rome outside the Christmas store. He was holding a picture of you and him. It was a moving picture, and it was bordered with a purple frame." He said,"Anyway, I asked,' Oh is that for Reyna? That is so cool!' Jason said,' No it's for her to remember me. I'm dumping her.'" I was shocked. I was terrified. My heart stopped beating, but I earged him to continue.

     "I asked him,'Oh but don't dump her! She's an amazing girl that loves you!' Then he said,' Well I don't. For all I care, you can go date her.'" I was disgusted by that. "But...how can...he...but...how..." I wondered. "Oh I feel the same way Reyna," Octavian sighed.

     My chest was frozen,"Did he say anything else?" Octavian nodded,"He said that he's going to see Gwendolyn or something like that." He shrugged, and I was terrified. Out of frustration and sadness, I started to cry. My eyes stung with tears. I was embarrassed that Octavian was seeing me cry.

     "It's okay Reyna. Just know this, I'll always be there for you. Always," Octavian smiled. Then he did something unexpected. Octavian lifted my chin, and kissed me! His lips were cold against mine, and I could feel him smile in victory. Just then, I heard a gasp.

     I released to see Jason at the doorway. He was holding the picture from Octavian's description. And Jason emitted anger and jealousy. "What the heck is this?!!?" he growled. I rose in anger and stormed up to him," What are you doing here?!? Aren't you supposed to be with Gwendolyn?"

     Jason looked shocked,"What?! I was coming here to give you this. And now I see you kissing him!!" Jason pointed at Octavian. Octavian came over,"Hey let's not get angry here." Jason grabbed his toga,"What the heck did you tell her?!"

     Octavian shivered,"I only told her what happened yesterday!" Jason looked bewildered,"What do you mean?!?" I stepped in,"About you talking about dumping me for Gwendolyn!! I can't believe you would do that! I thought you loved me!!"

     Jason steamed,"What do you mean Gwen?!? I don't love her! I love you!!" My eyes started to tear up,"You're lying!! I know it!!" Jason looked dumbfounded,"What do you mean!?! I'm not lying!! Don't trust Octavian!!" My chest started to burn,"You know Jason, I can't believe you'd do that to me. I thought you loved me."

     Jason grabbed my hands,"But I do love you Reyna." I shook him away,"No you don't! You know what? We're through!!" I looked at Jason who was frozen in shock and horror. "Fine!!" He stormed out, and paused at the doorway. "I hope you hate your present," he said. Then, Jason threw the picture on the floor, breaking the whole thing.

     Jason left the room crying and growling. I turned back to my work, but I couldn't stand it. I still love him, but I had to dump him. I hated guys who cheated on me. And to think Jason Grace loved me. I shouldn't have fallen in love. I should've died at Circe's Island at the hands of the pirates. I shouldn't have come here.

     I laid my head on my table and started to cry. Octavian patted my shoulder,"Hey. I'm so sorry Reyna. I hope you'll get over it." I sat up, and he was leaving the Senate Hall. Then he paused and turned,"And I hope you take my offer into consideration." He bowed, and left the room.

     I sat there devastated. What do I do?? I thought. I didn't care about my work anymore. There wasn't anything worth working for. I got up and left for my Barrack. I retired to my bed, and laid in the covers. As I laid there, my eyes were flowing with hate and sadness. I hate you Jason Grace, I thought. 

(SO what do you think? OMG there's so much drama. There's happiness on one side, and there's drama on the other! Oh man!! This is getting good!! Isn't that so sad? Are you shocked what happened? Do you think Octavian's lying?? Or do you think that Jason really did cheat on her??? :O OOOHHHH this is getting good!! So comment, fan, even vote!! Haha, sorry if this is a short chapter. I was kinda rushing. I just want to get back to Camp Half-Blood. (NO OFFENSE CAMP JUPITER LOVERS) Bye guys!!)