Chapter 22: A night to remember

(Hey yall!! So what's up? Here's another chapter. Now I've been getting some questions that mainly say,"What is Percy's surprise??" Haha, well your questions will be answered!! Yay!!! I think this is pretty awesome. If you want a hint, refer to the last few bits of The Last Olympian. Hehehehehehehe........Read on!!!)

Percy's POV:

     As soon as I heard the announcement, I headed for my cabin. Since I've only been to a dance with Annabeth once (which was a COMPLETE disaster), I wanted this to be special. I went to my chest and opened it up. Then I grabbed my sleek, black and white tux. I slipped it on and brushed off the wrinkles. I put on my plain black tie and looked at myself in the mirror. 

     I look pretty cool! Like I'm in a James Bond movie, I thought. "The names Jackson, Percy Jackson," I joked. I sat up and looked inside my chest. Today's the day, I thought. I grabbed her present and rehearsed my surprise in my head. Yep, I got this down.

     I tucked the two presents in my pockets and went out the door. I walked over to the Athena cabin. I knocked on the door and it was slowly opened. There stood the most beautiful girl in history. Her hair was curled and was put on one shoulder. She wore a short, white silk dress that hugged her curves just right. And even though she doesn't wear make-up as often, she still made it happen. She looked like a child of Aphrodite, except you know, smart. (No offense Aphrodite girls!!)

     "Um..hi Percy," Annabeth blushed. I realized I was staring at her for a bit too long. I wiped the drool off the corner of my mouth and said," Wow...Annabeth...you look..hot!" I realized then my voiced cracked when I said it. "Haha, thanks, you clean up nicely." I looked at Annabeth who was blushing like crazy.

     I cleared my throat,"So um, shall we?" I lifted my arm, and Annabeth took it. "We shall," she smiled. I led her down and walked to the Ball. The snow crunched softly on my shoes. The snow became soft and gentle. It was a cushion. And there was a glowing full moon in the sky. The mood was gentle and fun-loving.

     Annabeth and I arrived at the Arena to see an amazing spectacle. The floor was glossing like ice. Christmas trees surrounded the edges of the stadium. Decorations were hanging from ropes. Small snow flakes glittered the sky. And the dance floor was crowded with campers. It was one word: awesome.

     "Hey Percy!" a voice greeted me. I turned around to see my best friend Grover with his fiance, Juniper. "G-man! Juniper! How's it going?" I said. Juniper replied," It's doing great! Grover and I are so excited for our wedding! I found this perfect white rose dress for the wedding!"

     Grover continued," Yeah man! We are so pumped! The wedding will probably be in the woods. Juniper doesn't mind. And besides, the woods are beautiful, you know without the monsters."I patted Grover's back," Alright! So when is it?" "It's coming soon! In just a few weeks, maybe on Christmas!" Juniper answered. Annabeth said," Oh great! Now I'm excited now!"

     We all made small talk for a bit, and they went to the dance floor. I grabbed Annabeth's hand,"Wanna dance?" Annabeth blushed,"Sure." We walked to the dance floor. I placed my hands on her waist, and she put her hands on my shoulders. Then we started dancing. We just swayed to the music. David Cook's Fade into Me played in the background. Everything seemed perfect.

     Time seemed to slow down. I guess time wanted me to remember this one moment. The one moment where I get to dance with Annabeth. I love her. I want to be with her forever. I couldn't have asked anyone better than her. She's perfect. She's my best friend, and I don't want anything to change that.

     I slowly danced with Annabeth to the song. She didn't talk;she let the music do the talking. Annabeth laid her head on my shoulder. I whispered into her ear," I love you Annabeth." Annabeth lifter her head," I love you too Percy." We leaned in slowly. Then, our lips touched. Fireworks seemed to fly around us. It was the best kiss ever (besides our Underwater Kiss).

     It seemed like our kiss was long. We released, and Annabeth rested her head on my shoulder again. "Nothing could be better," Annabeth said. There is something, I thought. We danced a bit more, and we left the ball for some fresh air. I laced my fingers into hers, and we walked over to the Canoe Lake.

     I washed away the snow so we could sit down for a bit. As we sat, there was a bit of an awkward silence. It was silent for about 5 minutes. I decided to break it,"Are you having fun?" Annabeth smiled," Yeah, thanks Percy." She kissed my cheek, and I continued," I'm glad you are."

     I pulled out Annabeth's gift out of my pocket,"I know it isn't Christmas yet, but I just couldn't wait. O Merry Chrsitmas." I opened up the box to reveal her earrings. "Oh my gosh Percy," Annabeth gasped. "Thank you so much!" she cheered. She tackled me in a hug, and she sat up. "I have something for you too."

     She pulled out a tiny box and opened it. It was a silver necklace with a trident on it. I tuned it and there was a message engraved that said Merry Christmas Seaweed Brain. "Aw thanks Annabeth!" I smiled. I hugged her again, and put it on. "Perfect," Annabeth gleamed." Then there was a long pause.

     I put my arm around her, and I pulled into her closer. "Hey Annabeth." She looked," Yeah?" I asked," You know how you said one time, that you said you wanted to build something permanent?" Annabeth nodded," What about it?"

     I continued," I've been thinking about it. You know I love you. I've always have. I don't want to change that. I care about you, and I love you." Annabeth blushed," I love you too Percy." I said,"I've thought about it for a very long time. I know we've been only dating just for a few months. But both of us know that we want something permanent."

     She nodded, and gestured me to continue. "Well, I want to be with you Annabeth. Forever. I love you, and I always will. I know this might seem a bit crazy, but I just need to ask this." I grabbed her hand, and we both stood up. "I have one more surprise for you," I explained. I felt the small object in my pocket.

     "Annabeth, I love you so much. I want to be with you forever. I'm super nervous, but here it goes." I said. I stepped back a bit, and held the small object. I said,"Annabeth Chase." Then I got down on one knee, and I opened the box.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!! ISN'T THAT COOL!!!???? I GOT YOU GUYS!!! NOW THERE'S A CLIFFHANGER!!!! I should stop with the CapsLock. But it's just so awesome!!!! So what do you think? And does anyone have that missing feeling inside? Like something's not right? Eh...oh well. BTW, you know that song that was at the dance? Here it is. It's David Cook, and it's a great song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXyYpaibOy8 And speaking of the dance, sorry I didn't write a lot about it. I just wanted to cut to the chase. I was just too excited!! Anyway, do all of the right things like commenting, fanning, or voting!! DO IT!! DO IT!!! DO IT NOW!!! Haha....bye guys!)