Chapter 18: The war games begin

( Hey everyone....so yeah. Here's another chapter done for you.....Read on)

Hazel's POV:

     I woke up in my bunk to the bright, morning sun. My eyes adjusted very slowly. My body whole body ached from yesterday. Everything that happened at the War Games were intense and dramatic. I still couldn't believe I did that.....

-----Yesterday's War Games-----

     Jason announced," Fifth Cohort! Are you ready for the War Games?" Some people cheered, while others stared at their feet in disappointment. "Hey! Forget about the last War Games. Sure we lost, but that doesn't mean we're losing again." Some faces lifted, while others stood at the ground.

     "Anyway, we have a new member in our Cohort. Everyone meet Hazel Levesque!" Jason cheered. I stepped in front of the croud, spatha in hand. I saw the campers' grim faces. They weren't so confident. They were expecting to lose again. But I shook my head," Look, I know I'm new here. But since Jason's your leader, you should feel confident. He's a true-born hero and leader!"

     People cheered, raising their gladei in the air. We heard the conch horn blow, and we sprinted for the fortress. I spotted a kid on an elephant and the Kool-Aid drunk Dakota distracting the campers on one side of the fortress. Other campers occupied soldiers on the other sides. Then Jason lead a few more people inside the fortress to receive the banner.

     I didn't know what to do, so I followed Jason. My heavy armor weighed a ton, and I could barely see with my helmet covering my eyes. But my instincts took over and kept me alive. I swung and slashed other campers, causing them to fall in defeat. I spotted the banner, and ran for it.

     I was stopped by a voice,"Hey you're not getting that newby!" The giant camper was buff. He was tall and beefy, and he had the face of a MMA fighter. "You're not going anywhere," he growled. The camper cornered me against the wall. He smirked," What are you going to do now huh?"

    I was so nervous I was lucky my helmet covered half of my face. My eyes released fear, and my brain was scramming to find out what to do. Then I felt my hands tremble. The ground shook for a minute, and holes in the ground popped up. Jewels and gold bars emerged from the earth.

     The camper stared," What the heck is this supposed to be? A magic trick?" I bent down and picked up a gold bar. I screamed," Don't touch that!!!" He smirked," What is this supposed to d-" His hands started to tremble. His eyes curled to the back of his head. His skin turned ghostly pale, and fell to the ground.

     Oh no! Not the curse!! my mind screamed. He looked like he was having a seizure times a million. His body trembled and shook. He looked like he was possessed. The body turned stiff and screamed. I looked at the big guy, staring in terror. What have I done?!? my thoughts cried. He shook for what seemed like forever. His skin turned paler and whiter. Then in just a few minutes, his body fell limp.

     Jason came over, holding the banner," Hazel.......what happened?" My eyes were engulfed in tears. "I'm so sorry Jason..."I wept. Gwendolyn shouted," We need a medic over here!!" A girl came over with a giant kit with medicine and potions. She examined the body and shook her head," He's dead."

     Another camper came up from the crowd. He was super skinny. His armor didn't fit at all, and they slipped every now and then. The camper faced in horror," My brother! What did you do to him!?" He ran up to his brother and cried,"Kennedy, what happened to you!?" He then turned to me," YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU?!?!?! IT WAS YOU WASN'T IT??!!!" The camper ,whose name was Johnny, grabbed his gladius and ran up to me.

     "Look at her everyone! We can't trust her! She's evil! A spy! An enemy!" Johnny screamed. I shook my head," But I swear I didn't-" He interrupted," You didn't do what? You didn't mean to kill him? LIES!!" Johnny lifted his sword to my neck. "We can't trust you," he sneered. "Look, I'm sorry but-" Johnny growled," 'I'm sorry' isn't going to fix this." Reyna interrupted," That enough! Johnny, you're cleaning the mess hall tomorrow after every meal." I saw him growl," Yes Reyna." He left in anger and frustration.

     Jason came over,"Look, I know this is not my problem, but you need to talk it out. If you don't, things will get worse. He'll probably get mad at you forever." I nodded, and left the Field of Mars. I went to my bunk, and got dressed for bed. I am never doing that again, I thought.

     My chest was in pain with regret and sorrow. "I am so sorry..." I whispered. My heart was racing, and my fear steamed up. I don't want to make enemies here, I thought. I wasn't able to fit in once, and I don't want that to happen again.

( So what do you think? Isn't that sad? This kinda relates to my problems right now. I had an argument with a friend who shall remain unnamed. My friend got really mad at me because I released a secret that never should've been said. If you're reading this right now, I've made many mistakes. But this one I regret the most. I shouldn't have made you angry, and I'm super sorry.

Sorry for getting a bit off-track there. I'm just a little sad, that's all. So anyway, this story is almost about to come to an end. But don't fret my pet. There's still The Heroes of Olympus series. And there's my new book Civil War Percy! So be sure to watch out for new chapters. Bye guys!