Chapter 16: Weapons and blackouts are so much fun!

( Hey people of the world! Here's another chapter done for you! So I'll probably flip-flop with Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood. Isn't this awesome!?!?!?!? Please say it is!!!! Hehehehehe lol....anyway....Read on!!)

Hazel's POV:

    As soon as I arrived at the camp, I felt like I actually belonged here. I felt like I was at home, you know, with a bunch of brothers and sisters. The boy I met, Jason, showed me around the camp. I loved everything, from the cohorts, to the awesome baths. "So Hazel, I'll put you in the Fifth Cohort. By the way, do you know who's your godly parent?" Jason said.

    I paused for a minute, thinking of my shameful past. I entered into a recurring thing that comes often: blackouts. I was a daughter of Pluto. In my past, I was given a gift, but it turned into a curse. I could make jewels and diamonds pop out of the ground, but the stones are cursed. My mom made this a fortune, but the jewels cursed the people who got them. I carried the burden until I, well, died. I was forced to release a giant,Alcyoneus, by using the precious metals on an island. I then sunk the island killing me and my mother. But after seventy years, I was freed from the Underworld by my brother, Nico.

    "Umm....hello? Earth to Hazel," Jason waved. I blinked a couple of times, coming back to reality. "Oh sorry. It's just I get these blackouts every now and then. I hate them," I replied. Jason was confused, but shrugged it off and continued the tour."So since you don't know, you'll be a probatio, which means that your someone who hasn't been claimed."

    After a long day of introductions, I went to my bunk. My eyes were heavy from a long journey. My eyelids grew heavy and I fell asleep. I woke up to be back in New Orleans. I saw Sammy walking up to me. "Hey Hazel, happy birthday!" Sammy introduced. He pulled me into a hug, and I blushed. "Aww, thanks Sammy," I smiled. Sammy continued," Hey, want to go ride the horses for your birthday? And maybe have a picnic?"

    My smile widened, and I simply nodded. We went to the stables, and grabbed the horses. I jumped on, and galloped away. I loved riding on horses. I loved the cold breeze on my neck, my hair blowing in the wind. It was a sensation I would never forget. I turned and saw Sammy not so far behind. I galloped faster, and Sammy yelled," I'm not that ugly, am I?"

    I laughed while riding the galloping steed. We raced for a few minutes, and we sat down under a magnolia tree for our picnic. As I was eating, Sammy pulled something out of the basket," Here you go Hazel, happy birthday!" He held a small cupcake with a small birthday candle. It was smashed, but still edible. "Hazel, I was thinking about the war going on. I wish I could join. And if I did, would you write letters to me?"

    I giggled a bit, and said," Of course I would!" Sammy gave me his elfish smile, and leaned in. He gave me a kiss, but not on the lips. Nethertheless, I died and went to Heaven. Sammy smiled," Happy birthday Hazel." Then the image changed. I was on the island. My mom's voice was deperate," What have I done?"

    I looked in a trench, and I spotted a spire emerging from the ground. A gold and silver body was contained inside it, which was sort of gross. I turned and saw my mom crying," I'm sorry Hazel." I didn't know what to do. The spire with Alcyoneus inside was growing. The answer came into my mind, and I finally knew what to do. I forced the spire to sink back into the earth, and the island sank around me and my mom.

    I woke up, shaking of fear and sorrow. That was my last night on Earth. The 40's were behind me, gone. I wasn't going to see Sammy again. My mom was still in the underworld. I still carry my curse with me. I started to break down, and cried on my bunk.

    Morning soon arrived, and Jason came to me," Alright Hazel, it's time for weapons selection." He took me to find a weapon of my choosing. Jason took me to a blacksmith in the camp. I entered inside, and was bewildered at all of the weapons of mass destructions. There were gladii, spears, bows and arrows, shields, helmets, pilums, pugios, and many more. They were all the color gold.

    "They are weapons for your choosing. These weapons are made of Imperial Gold. This metal is powerful enough to kill monsters. Just choose something and we'll get you ready for training." I scoured the weapons collections, looking for something that was right for me. I spotted a long sword, and picked it up," Hey Jason, what's this."

    Jason explained," That's a spatha. It's a long sword used on horseback. Are you sure you want that?" I nodded, and sheathed it onto my belt. "Alright let's get to training." He went and grabbed armor, which I found a bit to big. We headed for the Field of Mars, wear a bunch of sweating and blades awaited me.

(Hello everyone! So blackouts eh? Oh, Hazel, Hazel, Hazel, Hazel. Don't you miss the 40's? Well I wouldn't know, I wasn't born at that time. So anyway, what did you think? Isn't it getting awesome? Almost over unfortunately.... :(. But of course, there's Lost Hero, Son of Neptune, and Mark of Athena coming up soon! So excited! Thanks for reading, and comment, fan and maybe even vote! Whatever works best. Btw, read my newest book, Civil War Percy!)