Chapter 5: I have a conversation with a certain mailman

( Hey everyone! So if you read the last chapter, you could be wondering about a few things. So in this chapter, things will get cleared up. *I DON'T OWN PERCY JACKSON OR THE SERIES* )

Percy's POV:

     I woke up in the middle of the night in a puddle of sweat. My heart was racing as fast as Hermes. Hermes, we need to talk, I thought. Where is it, where is it? I was searching my dresser and found a gold drachma. I crept to the bathroom and turned the light on. I turned on the shower and turned it to mist. I tossed the coin and said," O, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering. Show me Hermes." The mist cleared and showed me an image. A man in nylon jogging shorts and a "New York City Marathon" t-shirt. He was talking in his cellphone," Wait- wait I'm getting another call. I'll call you later.." 

     Hermes closed his phone and looked up at me. "Percy, hi. How are you?" My temper steamed up," Why did you lie to Luke's mom that I killed him?" Hermes sighed," Look, I'm busy right now so let me make this quick." He took a deep breath," I told Mrs. Castellan that to spare her feelings. I didn't want her to feel worse. I didn't want her to find out that Luke comitted suicide." My anger just kept rising," But he didn't commit suicide! He sacrificed himself to stop Kronos. Luke's a hero!"

     Hermes cellphone rang, but he ignored it. "You better shut your trap kid. You don't want to be an enemy with me." I was about to say something when I saw his cellphone shake. It transformed into a caduceusand the snakes unwrapped. Oh hi Percy, long time now see! Martha spoke. The other snake coiled, Hey look, it's Percy! Remember me? It's George! Hey, do you have any rats? Martha slithered, Hermes, Hera still has a few words to say. She still wants to send Zeus the message. About the "plan."  "I'll get right on it. Gotta go Percy." I saw his had swipe through the mist, and he vanished.

     I went back to my room to catch up on my sleep. I closed my eyes, and then had another dream. But it was more like a vision. I was in a white room. It was just blank. Then there was a giant flash. I looked up and saw a faint image of Hera. "Hello Percy. It is me ,Hera. I do not have much time to explain. You are one of my successors. You will be a part of the next Great Prophecy." I tried to speak, but my voice wouldn't work. "I will keep contact with you Percy. I will be telling all of my pawns in this plan. Goodbye, son of Poseidon."

     I saw Hera fade away, and I shot up. I looked at my clock, it was 6 in the morning. Oh my Gods, I need sleep. I sat up and went for the home phone. I needed to tell someone about this, Annabeth. I can trust her, right. I dialed her number and she picked up. "Hi Percy. What's up?" I croaked," I need to talk to you. It's serious." Annabeth paused," Okay, I'll be right over."

Annabeth's POV:

     What's so serious? Is it something about the Gods? Is it about his mom? Is it about us??? My brain racked for answers, but I couldn't just stand there. I grabbed my coat and rode a bus to Percy's apartment. When I knocked on the door, Percy looked like a mess. His hair was bushing out in all directions. He had bags under his eyes, and his clothes stained with sweat.

     "Oh my Gods, Percy, what happened to you?" I gasped. Percy shook his head," I need to tell you something. Come inside." I walked in and sat next to him on the couch. I grabbed his hand and looked at him pleading for answers. "Okay, so for starters, Luke's mom is gonna kill me," Percy explained.

     Can things get any worse? I wondered. " And I'm going to be part of the next Great Prophecy," Percy continued. I tried to process everything, but it was so hard to think it through. "Why does Mrs. Castellan want to kill you?" Percy started," So basically, Hermes lied to her to spare her feelings. He told Luke's mom that I was his killer." I stood there shocked, but I still needed answers.

     "What about the Great Prophecy thing?" I wondered. Percy continues," I had a dream, and Hera told me that I was her pawn. She said that I was one of the seven in the prophecy, and I was part of her plan." I processed everything down, trying to find a solution. "We should tell Chiron. We can go to camp and tell him everything," I explained.

     Percy paused," But it isn't that easy. The prophecy can't be changed. And I'm pretty sure Mrs. Castellan is plotting her revenge this minute." Percy just looked more confused and flustered. I leaned in and kissed him, trying to calm him down. Percy looked at me," What was that for?" I just smiled," What ever happens Percy, we'll find an answer, together." Percy gave me a smile that made me know that my boyfriend was okay. "I love you Annabeth." "I love you too Percy." 

 ( So what do you think? Is it okay? I tried to clear everything from chapter 4. And do you like the references to Hera's plan? Is it too soon. Oh well...Bye guys! I'll update every weekend, I swear.)