Epilogue

Annabeth's POV:

     I was sitting on my bed, crying my eyeballs out. I can't believe he's gone! I thought. My entire body was shaken by that one thought. I was holding Percy's engagement ring in my hand. When he proposed to me, it was so sweet. But I was still so confused. I was still held back by the thought that Luke might've loved me.

     But I still love Percy, and I had to say yes. Right? I was spinning the ring in my hand, thinking of Percy. He was so brave, kind, warm hearted, and hot if I do say so myself. I smirked a bit thinking about the time I kissed him in Mt. Saint Helens. And when I hugged him when we all thought he was dead. Oh memories.

     Memories. They sometimes great, but sometimes bad. As I relayed them in my mind, it just mad me miss Percy more. Then I started to break down again. But I was interrupted by a knock on the door,"Annabeth? Are you in there?" I wiped away the tears,"It's open."

     Grover opened the door,"There's a meeting in the Big House. Chiron wants you to join." I sat up,"Alright, let's go." I walked slowly at first, and Grover came over,"Hey, I know you miss Percy. I do too, we all do. But that's why we're going to help you find him." I nodded, and mouthed thank you. Then we walked over to the Big House.

     Grover and I walked inside and saw all of the councilors. Everyone inside was quiet. Even Connor and Travis were silent. Clarisse and Drew had a chair between them, which I guessed was for me. I slowly sat down in my chair.Then Chiron announced,"Let's bring this meeting to order."

     Everyone stared at Chiron,"Alright. So as you may have heard, Percy Jackson has gone missing. And I've called this meeting to make plans to find the missing camper." He gestured to me, and I stood up,"So like Chiron said, Percy went missing just today. I want to try to find him; I want him back."

     I continued,"We need to call everyone to help find Percy. The Hunters, Nico, the campers, everyone. People should be sent out and distributed around the country. And if we have to, travel to the West. I know we aren't supposed to, but whatever it takes to bring Percy back. Agreed?"

     Everyone in the room nodded, then Clarisse stepped in,"We should call Satyrs other creatures to help look too. We need all the help we can get.  And we should contact the camp if we find any sign of him." Drew also said,"We could go send people with Pegasi  to fly around the country too."

     Chiron nodded,"Very good ideas everyone. We will take those thoughts and put them into action. Now, we must contact everyone to help search for Percy. Meeting dismissed." All of the campers left the room and went to contact people.

     Right before I was going to leave, Chiron called me over. "Now Annabeth, I know you miss Percy dearly. I do too. He is a fine man, and a brave hero. Where ever he is, just know that he is alive. After all, you helped train him." He nodded, and said,"Alright, I must contact the Hunters of Artemis now. Go prepare for a long journey Annabeth."

     I nodded, and left the building. I walked over to my cabin and grabbed my backpack. Then I passed my bulletin board. It had designs for inventions and buildings on it. But is also had pictures of our friends on it. One picture was after my first quest. Another picture had me, Thalia, and Luke on it. Then I saw the one special picture tacked to the middle. It was my favorite. 

     It was one of those photo booth pictures. It had the panels on top of each other. The people in it were me and Percy. We were making funny faces, sticking our tongues out, stuff like that. But at the bottom was a picture of us kissing. It made me miss him even more. Tears were forming in my eyes, but I shook them off,"Focus. I need to find Percy."

     I grabbed all of my clothes and supplies and stuffed them inside my backpack. I got dressed for a long trip. I wore my Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. rough jeans, and a leather jacket. And I strapped my knife at my side. I'm ready, I thought.

     I slung my backpack over my shoulder, and got ready to leave. Then I went over and took down the picture of me and Percy. I held it contently, and put it inside my pocket. I took a deep breath, and walked out the door.

     As soon as I stepped out, my body froze. My vision blurred out, and I collapsed. Then, everything turned black. My mind was suspended in a blank space. Then she appeared in front of me,"Hello child." I growled,"What have you done with Percy!?" Hera stood her ground,"I did what was necessary for this world."

     "But Percy proposed to me! I need him! Where is he?!" I said. Hera shook her head,"You will be grateful to me. This plan will save your world." I shook my head,"What do you mean?!?" Hera smiled,"Oh, Perceus and another fine hero will save this world from a terrifying evil that will soon reveal its power."

     I nodded,"At least tell me why you're here?" Hera nodded,"I will now. I will tell you the answer. This might stop your worrying." My spirits lifted a bit. Hera continued,"You must journey to the Grand Canyon. There, a package will be awaiting for you. And look for a boy with one shoe. Follow these directions, and you'll accomplish the start of a fine quest."

     I repeated the directions in my mind,"So is that where Percy is?" Hera replied,"I can't reveal much child." I was about to say something, but Hera started to fade away. "Go now daughter of Athena! Beware the earth!" Then, she disappeared.

     I woke up to Apollo campers treating me where I collapsed. "Oh my gods! You're okay!" Will gleamed. I sat up, but my head felt like a stone. "Woah there Annabeth! Rest yourself!" one camper said. I shook my head,"I need to get to the Grand Canyon. It's urgent."

     "I'll get you there!" one person said. I saw a bulky dude with a shaved head, and a rainbow tattooed on his biceps. "Alright then. What's your name?" I asked. He held out his hand,"Butch, son if Iris."

     I almost laughed, but I gave a serious look,"Nice to meet you Butch. So how are we going to get there?" Butch replied,"I'll pilot a chariot over there. After all, I am good with Pegasi." I nodded,"Get it ready then. I'll meet you over there in a bit." Butch nodded, and headed over to the stables. 

     Chiron came over,"Are you alright Annabeth? I heard what happened and got here as quick as  I could." "I'm fine Chiron, I'll tell you what happened," I said. I explained my vision to him. Chiron nodded,"Then you better listen to Hera. If she's in trouble, you must get over to the Grand Canyon."

     Butch called,"Alright Annabeth! It's ready!" I spotted Butch in a rainbow chariot, with two Pegasi attached. I looked over to Chiron,"Alright, I need to go. Wish me luck!" I ran over to the chariot, and hopped in.

     "Ready?" Butch asked. I nodded, and gave him the signal. He whipped the reins, and the horses flapped their wings. Then, we took flight. But before we were about to fly off, I heard Chiron. "Annabeth! You must find the lost hero!" I nodded below, and we were off to the Grand Canyon.

-----What Happens Next?-----