Chapter 20: Creepy Santa Claus

(SUP MY HOMEDOGS!!!!? Haha.....sorry. As you may see, I'm trying out new greeatings. Just bored...So anyway, here's another new chapter! I'll continue our little conversation at the end of this chapter. Read on!!)

Jason's POV:

     It was almost Christmas, and I wanted to celebrate. But unfortunately, Reyna was busy. So I took my matters into my own hands. I went to New Rome, and found out that there were Christmas decor. Now I know that we're Roman and stuff, but we're settled in America. So why not celebrate the countries festivities?

     Anyway, I strolled down the street to see shops and houses preparing for the holidays. Little children were running around in Santa hats. Lares ran around holding streamers. And even Hannibal got into the celebration. He walked around with his vest colored red and green.

     I thought the holidays were pretty fun. I remember hanging out with Gwen and Dakota in the Mess Hall last year. There was a fireplace set up at the end of the hall, and we all sat around it. I gave Dakota powdered Kool-Aid. I thought it was a horrible gift, but he loved it. I gave Gwen a new gladius, which she fell in love with.

     But the best gift was the one given to me. Gwen handed me a tiny, gray box. When I opened it, there was a little gold circle. I held it up to feel a metallic texture. One side had a young man with laurels in his hair. The other side had a battle ax with the inscription "Ivlivs." It was a gold coin.

     "Flip it," she said. I flipped the coin to find it transformed into a golden gladius. "Oh my gods! Thanks!!" I remembered. I let the memory play in my head, and I remembered all the good times. Anyway, I strolled down the street to find a decorated store. I walked inside to find a lot of stuff.

     There were little trinkets, like drum-playing monkeys or walking snowmen. Stockings were stocked up with candy and cookies. Little kids ran around holding toys, decorations, and candy. An old Lare walked up to me,"Do you need help finding anything today?" I looked at the old ghost. He had gentle wrinkles on his face, and he wore small glasses. He had rosy cheeks, and had a bulging belly. And he had bright white hair.

     "Um, I think I'm fine," I replied. The old Lare smiled," Well whatever you need, just call me. My name's Nicholas." Oh the irony, I thought. I walked around the store, looking at all of the shelves. Personally, I did not know what to get Reyna. She's a bit complicated, like a pretty girl on the outside, but with lovey and war-like feelings on the inside.

     "Do you need help," the Lare called. I turned and nodded in reply. "Who are you getting a gift for?" Nicholas asked. I said," I'm getting a gift for Reyna." The spirit nodded," Hmm I see. Very tough choice." I nodded in agreement, and he continued," Well she's a tough camper. But she's had a past with unicorns and lollipops. She loved beauty at that time, but Reyna's changed. But I bet she still has the little girly, fun girl inside of her."

     I nodded," Yeah, she's always free-willed and fun around me. She may seem serious, but I always find a way to make her smile." Nicholas smiled," Well I'm glad she's found a guy that she's happy to be with." Then the ghost beamed, or at least that's what I thougt," I know what you should do. Do you have a picture of the both of you?"

     I nodded, and pulled out the little picture of the two of us. It was a picture of me putting my arm around her. I was looking at her, smiling. Reyna was resting on my chest, emitting happiness. It was taken on the first day we were together. It was one of the best moments in my life.

     "Can I see that for a moment?" Nicholas asked. I was a bit hesitant, but I gave him the picture. He walked to the back of the shop, and I saw his hands working magic. Now I know he's ghost, but spirits are pretty powerful. Hey look at Teminus, for a statue of a head and upper body, he's pretty cool.

     After a few minutes, Nicholas came over. He held a small rectangle in his hands, and handed it to me. It was the same picture, but gleaming. I could see ourselves moving at that moment in the picture. If it's hard to imaging, think about the pictures in Harry Potter. You know how they would move like they were alive? It was like that.

     "Oh my gosh! Thanks, this is perfect!" I smiled. The Lare smiled," Anything for one of Camp Jupiter's Prartors." He winked, and walked away. I was walking towards the door, when Nicholas stopped me," Jason. I wouls enjoy it while it lasts. There are evil forces coming, and I suggest you would take the time to spend it with Reyna. If you don't want her to be devastated, stay with her. After the events upcoming, she will feel terrified. So love Reyna with your life."

      I stood there, absorbing his advice. "Alright, I will," I replied. I walked out of the store, holding my gift. My mind wrapped around that one last moment. Who knew Lares knew about this stuff? I tried to shake the thought, and walked back to my barrack.

(So what did you think? Isn't it awesome? Oh the irony, who knew Santa Claus was Roman? Haha, jkjk. Anyway, as many times as I've said this before, this book is almost to its end. It's so sad, I know. And I dedicated this to my best friend, LuuvKristinaJT. She just recently finished her book, A Deep Dark Secret. It's a great one, so check it out!! Alright, so check out for new chapters. And btw, my goal is to make 25 chapters in the book, so only a few more! Alright, bye guys!!)