Chapter 4: Can things get any worse?!?!?

(Hello everyone! It's me again. I've been busy with school work, especially Algebra. :P Okay so here's the next chapter. Enjoy *I don't own Percy Jackson or the series*)

Percy's POV:

     It's been only a few weeks, and my mom has been having the weirdest mood swings! Like one morning I wake up to,"PERCY WAKE UP!! OR YOU'RE BREAKFAST WILL GET COLD!!!!" When I went to the kitchen, my mom's hair was in a jumbled up mess. And she looked like she didn't get any sleep. I was reminded of our old oracle for some reason. "COME ON PERCY!! EAT YOUR BREAKFAST!!" Another morning I wake up to,"Percy, something's terrible!!" I slumped up and went to the living room.

     "Percy, something's wrong!!" Sally shrieked. I looked at my mom,"What is it now?" Her face was in tears,"I'm the worst mother ever!! It's only been a few weeks, and I've been neglecting you." My mom continued,"I've been trying to keep myself healthy, and I've just been ignoring you all of this time ! It's like you're invisible to me!" Sally cried on the couch continuously for a few minutes. Oh my gods, I thought, when is this going to end!

Annabeth's POV:

     I was walking to Percy's apartment when I heard sobs. I rushed to the door and knocked frantically. Percy opened the door, looking like he was going to explode," Please......come in." I came inside to see Sally crying on the couch, curled up in a ball. "BWAHHHHH!!!" Sally screamed. "Um, what's happening?" I asked. Percy sighed," It's the first phase in pregnancy: mood swings."

    I cleared my throat," I think you need a break. Let's go to Central Park." Percy gleamed," Sure, let's go!" Percy grabbed his jacket," I'm going to Central Park mom! I'll be back!" I heard noise from his mom that I guess was supposed to be an "OK" He opened the door," Let's go!"

-----Central Park-----

     Percy and I walked through Central Park hand in hand. I felt at peace, like everything in the world was quiet. I looked at Percy, and saw his hair blow slightly in the wind. He spotted me, and gave me his crooked smile. Oh my gods he's so cute, I thought. We stopped by the Conservatory Garden, where the flowers were so beautiful. Percy bent over and plucked a pansy. "Umm, I don't think you should do that Seaweed Brain," I glared.

     Percy shrugged,"This is for you Wise Girl." He presented the flower to me, and I took it and curtsied. We exchanged a few laughs and walked out. We then made our way to the Central Park Zoo, and Percy bought us two tickets. We spotted sea lions. Percy and a sea lion stared at each other, and I thought they were having a deep conversation. I nudged Percy," So what are you guys talking about?" Percy shrugged," Oh you know 'Oh you're a son of Poseidon' and 'You defeated Kronos? Wow!' stuff." We passed a few more exhibits, and finally left.

     Percy and I stopped at Bow Bridge and he held my waist. I put my arms on his broad shoulders. He said," Thanks Annabeth. Another perfect day with the perfect girlfriend. You amaze me sometimes." I blushed," No problem Seaweed Brain. What would you do without me?" "Umm, facing a pregnant mom with very chaotic mood swings?" Percy guessed. I giggled a bit and whispered,"I love you." "I love you too Annabeth," Percy smiled. Just like Halloween, we sealed the night with a magical, passionate kiss.

Percy's POV:

     When I got back home, I saw my mom looking all better. "How are you feeling mom?" Sally opened her mouth," I feel better now. Nothing but a cup of tea couldn't fix." I saw my mom smile, which made me feel happy to know my mom was relaxing. Later, I decided to go to bed. I got into my bed and my eyes fell. But then, I faced something I haven't had in a long time.

     I had a dream that I was in a familiar setting. The sidewalk was lined with little stuffed monsters, like hydraw and minotaurs. I melted through a door and looked around. There were candles and mirrors covering everything inside the living room. I saw an skinny, old lady crying on the ground. Another figure was standind right next to her. The figure was a man, and he was trying to calm the lady down. "But he can't be dead! He just can't! I've been waiting for him to come home! He can't leave me!!" the old lady weeped.

     I moved closer to see her hair was frizzled, and she wore a pink housedress. The man touched her shoulder," I know it hurts. He was a great son. But you need to realize that he's gone." The woman looked up, looking like a wild animal," He is not dead! I know he isn't! He will come home to me and want cookies and Kool-Aid! He can't leave me!!" I couldn't help but feel bad for her. "It's hard to believe, I know. But he's dead, and you need to accept that." The skinny woman asked," At least tell me who killed him, so I can get my revenge." The man tensed," It was Percy. Percy Jackson." As soon as I heard my name I knew where I was. I was at Luke's house. The old lady was Mrs. Castellan. The man was Hermes. And Mrs. Castellan is going to kill me.

( So what do you think? Isn't that surprising, huh? I've had the idea for a while, I just didn't know when to tell it. So why not put it when percy had one of the best days ever!?! YAY!! I'll update soon, maybe on the weekends. Okay, bye guys!!)