Chapter 19: My nose almost died!!

(Sup everyone! It's Avery again, here with another chapter. This is basically Chapter 17, but in Percy's POV. And I decided that I'll keep writing this book, then write more about Civil War Percy. So yeah.............enjoy!!)

Percy's POV:

     Christmas was coming soon, and I was one word: clueless. Why you might ask? It's a little thing called shopping. You see, since there's all of this chaos running around, I just want to make this time special with Annabeth. I don't want to worry about the end of the world or Hera's plan. I just care about Annabeth's happiness.

     So anyway, I was sitting down on the couch, watching ESPN when my mom came up to me," Hi Percy. What are you getting Annabeth for Christmas?" I sat there, looking like an idiot. What should I get Annabeth? I mean, I already planned a surpirse, but should I get her something else? I thought.

     "Honey, do you need help with shopping again?" my mom asked. I nodded my head. She smiled,"Well then, Let's get going then!" My mom got up slowly, and went to her room. Ever since she told everyone she was pregnant, she's been taking the new baby stuff well. My mom has everyone ready, from a pink crib to a load of diapers. I think it'll be pretty cool to have a half-sister.

-----Manhattan Mall-----

     "Okay Percy. So what does Annabeth like?" my mom asked. "Well," I thought," she likes books, architecture, Greek stuff, me." Sally shook her head,"I know you already have that big surpirse for her." She giggled a bit, and continued," And besides, you should at least have something besides that to give to her."

     "Alright mom, whatever you say," I sighed. "Okay Percy, let's start with perfume!" She grabbed my hand and headed for the scent of roses and torture.

     As soon as we went in, I had to hold my breath. Perfume and cologne filled the air. The smell of flowers and fruit lingered around the store. Women describe this is great, I would call it torture. So we went inside the store to be greeted by a lady in a red dress. "Good evening! Do you need help finding anything." My mom was about to say something, but I interrupted," We'll be doing just fine today."

     The lady nodded, and left for other important matters. "Okay Percy, I'll find something and you can decide if you want to give it to her." Before could object, she walked away exploring the powerful scents. I waited for what seemed to be hours. But with my ADHD, it was hard to tell.

     Every now and then my mom would come over handing numerous bottles of perfumes. I smelled every single one of them. My nose was about to die because of scented oils. You know, I should just do my original plan, I thought. Then I heard a familiar voice," Hey Percy."

     I turned around to see the most beautiful girl in the world," Oh hey Annabeth!" I went over and embraced her in a hug. Then I spotted a good friend of mine," Hey Rachel! Long time no see." We shook hands, I didn't want to make Annabeth jealous.

     Then my mom came over," Annabeth! Hi!" Annabeth smiled," Hey Mrs. Jackson! Wow, is the baby almost here?" I turned to Sally," Yeah, turns out it's a girl! She'll come in just a few months." I let the girls have their small talk as I stood in the background.

     Rachel interrupts," Okay Annabeth, let's get back to shopping! Bye Percy!" I waved back," Bye guys!" Then I turned to my mom," Hey mom, could I just try my plan?" Sally frowned," But you need to give her something, then you do your plan to seal the night. That's how your father did it." I nodded," Alright, let's check jewelry then?" My mom nodded, and we exited out the door.

     We went to a jewelry store on the other side of the mall. I kept thinking what I should get her there, Maybe I should get her new owl earrings? I put the thought as a confirmed idea, and explored the store. As soon as I spotted something, I called my mom," Hey, how about these?" My mom came over to wear the shelf was.

     I was looking at gold earrings. They were cresent shaped, and small blue jewels hung from it on tiny gold chains. I thought they were perfect, and my mom thought so too. "Those look great! They'll go with her hair!" Sally went to the clerk and bought the earrings. They were put into a tiny, gift-wrapped box. Then, I bought a Hallmark Christmas card.

     We took a taxi ride home, and went straight to bed. "Good night mom!" I said. Sally replied," Good night!" I jumped right into my bed. I laid in my bed, I rehearsed my own plan in my head. As I did, my eyes grew heavy, and fell in an instant.

     I was in a bright light, and my eyes couldn't stand it. Then stood in front of me was a goddess. "Well hello Percy!" I sighed," Alright, what do you need to tell me now." Hera nodded," Well as you've heard, a special holiday mortals celebrate, called Christmas, will be upon them shortly." I said," Well what about it?"

     Hera continued," So I've decided to let my plan commence later on. You may spend time with your mate." I sighed with relief," Thank you Hera!" But Hera spoiled my happiness," But remember, there is something coming pretty soon, don't you remember?" I shook my head. Hera smiled," Oh boy! You're  going to be in all sorts of fun!"

     I growled," What do you mean!? There's something giong to kill me, and you call it fun?!" Hera laughed," Oh Percy! You are a delight! Anyway, I guess I should tell you more about my plan." I nodded, and Hera continued," This upcoming threat will make all heroes fear the earth. The rest of you are close to each other's destination. Two demi-gods will work with a satyr I think you are familiar with."

     I nodded, urging her to continue," Anyway, these two forces must unite under two hands. One includes you. Um, what else should I tell you?" I interrupted," Maybe you could tell me who this other demi-god is, or what the opposing team is." Hera smiled," But what fun would that be?" I looked down.

     "Oh cheer up demi-god! Your destiny will soon await you. Just at the right time. And by the way, your father nows about your plan as well." A lump formed in my throat, my heart was racing. "Don't fret child, he is okay with it," she winked. I calmed down, and gestured the goddess to continue. But she just shook her head.

     " I'm afraid I can not tell you more Perceus. I will contact you one last time before my power fades away." Hera continued," I am running out of power. And Olympus has been closed down, so you can not receive contact with the gods. I am deeply sorry, but if we want to stop her, my plan must not be stopped."  I was about to object, when Hera started to shine," Goodbye son of Poseidon."

     "But wait!" I screamed. She soon vanished before my eyes, and everything was pitch black. I bolted up in my bed, covered in cold sweat. Jeez, when will Hera leave me, like, a text massage or voicemail? I hate visions. I complained.

(SO what did you think? Sorry it was kinda short! I swear I will write longer chapters on the weekend! SO anyway....Do you have a feeling something IS missing? Hmmmmmm..........What do you think? What do you think is happening at Camp Jupiter? Who will answer these questions?!?!?! *Cough* Me *Cough* Anyway, do all of the fun stuff like commenting and fanning! Look out for upcoming chapters! Bye guys!)