Chapter 24: The End Part 1

(Hey everyone! Do you know what chapter number this one is?? It's Chapter 24!! :O Do you know what that means???? That means that in one more chapter, this book will be done!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!! I know, sad isn't it? But that means you could read this book again!!! JKJKJK.....but anyway, read on!)

Percy's POV:

     "Will you marry me?" I proposed. I held up the blue diamond ring, and Annabeth gasped. Her face was caught in a state of shock. Then tears swelled in her eyes,"Oh my gods Percy..." I waited for her answer. Annabeth replied,"Percy....I.....I can't. I'm not ready yet. I'm so sorry."

     I was in a state of shock. I stood up,"Wait! I'm not actually proposing. It's just a promise ring. I know we're only 16, but I wanted to make something...permanent." Annabeth whimpered,"I can't Percy. I'm so sorry." I was so confused,"It's just a promise ring! We won't get married in just a couple of years!" Annabeth shook her head,"No...no I do. But, I'm just not ready. I'm so sorry." Then she started to cry, and Annabeth sprinted towards her cabin.

     "But wait!" I yelled. She ignored my call and went inside her cabin. My shoulders slouched in depression. I thought everything was perfect for tonight. I rehearsed everything. I thought everything was going to be alright. I guess I didn't think about it if she said "no." I knew Annabeth loved me.Wouldn't that mean she would say yes?

     "WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!" I screamed into the sky. Silence was in the air. No one replied. I was alone by the canoe lake. Alone. Have I ever felt that way before? I relay my thoughts in my head. I guess I have been "alone" before. I wouldn't fit in at school. I never did. But then I came to this place. Camp Half-Blood. And I met Annabeth here. I made a lot of new friends here. And I got a great girlfriend.

     Then what did I do wrong? I thought. I simply sighed, and put my hands in my pockets. I wandered around, and I ended up walking in the woods. There was an eerie silence in the environment. That wasn't normal.

     I shook the thought away and kept walking. I headed further into the woods. I soon lost track of time. I didn't know what the time was. The night sky was still the same. The trees were still glazed with snow. Then, I heard rustling in the bushes.

     I quickly reached for Riptide,"Anyone out there?" I uncapped my pen, and held my bronze sword in hand. I heard the noises again. "Is someone there?" I wondered. I kept my guard up, ready to attack. It could be anything, or anyone. I heard the rustling again.

     "Grover, is that you?" I asked. Nothing answered. I expected the big bronze dragon to burst out any second, but time passed on. My suspicions were increasing like crazy. "If anyone is out there, show yourself!" I explained.

     Still, there was no answer. The rustling was getting louder, coming closer. I kept turning towards the noises, trying to find that thing. It came closer. It came even closer. I could here its breathing. "Show yourself coward!" I screamed.

     There was still an eerie silence. What the heck is going on?!? I thought. I readied my sword, ready to slash away. I turned to wear I sensed the thing's presence. I was ready to jump and attack when I heard a noise. BANG!

     I felt a slight pain in my shoulder. "GAAHH!!" I winced. I looked at my shoulder to see a hole. And I saw blood staining my tux. Oh crap, I thought. The pain was increasing. A painful fire spread through my body. I was shot. I dropped my sword, and fell to my knees. "Get out here....and show yourself..." I said.

     I was dazed. I was losing blood. I was doomed. Pain soon spread throughout my body. I was going to die."Can things get any worse?" I told myself. Then I saw a silhouette. It was holding a hand pistol. And the person wore black clothing. Although it was dark, I could see the faint frizz of hair. "Oh yes dear. Things will get worse," the voice said. Then a bag covered up my head, and I was knocked out.