Chapter 1

2016 is almost over and I have nothing good to say about this year. Living the life of a historian is not a very exciting life. It became even more boring once my brother Nate left. Not sure where he ran off to but he left me a message saying he'd call when he could and not to worry about him. That left me alone to run the history department at the local university.

Thanks bro.

Don't get me wrong I love my job and everything about history but other people assume I'm boring because of it. I'm not very sociable anyway but that's more because I'm strange and I'd rather not scare people off.

So, that leads me to where I sit now. Alone at a bar called Saints and Sinners or some bullshit like that. It's more of a rough crowd here but I've been known to kick a few teeth in.

I've been here for maybe an hour. Drinking whiskey and watching the idiots fight. My attention was suddenly draw back to the bar when a very large, muscular man sat next to me. He looked like he could be a professional weight lifter or a high class criminal. Given what bar I'm at I'm gonna lean towards criminal.

His arms were as big as my head. The long sleeve shirt he wore was so tight it looked like his muscles were screaming to be released. The shirt even hugged his chest drawing my eyes to the huge ass pecks.

I heard a man clear his throat making me snap my eyes up to the man's face. I felt my own face heat up immediately when I saw him already looking at me with a knowing smirk of what I was just doing.

He picked up his glass and downed the rest of the dark liquid before placing the glass back on the bar.

"Like what you see?" His voice was deep and rough.

It certainly suited him. He held a smirk on his face as he eyed me from head to toe. I'm not sure what happened there but it made me hot and bothered way too fast.

"I'm Mick" he extended his hand to me.

"Lexi" I smiled tucking a strand of hair behind my ear then taking his hand.

His hand was about three times bigger than mine. So many thoughts ran threw my head. The only one I focused on was who was this man?

I turned away from him to finish the rest of my whiskey. That's when I felt him lean closer to me. His breath fanned across my ear making me shiver.

"What's a gorgeous girl like you doing here?" His whisper was dark and gruff.

I leaned back from him not knowing what else to do.

"This is the only bar I drink at." I answered honestly.

"A bit rough for you don't you think?" He raised a brow at me.

I laughed causing him to smile. I shook my head about to answer him when I felt a hand grab my thigh harshly. I snapped my head to the opposite side seeing one of the usual customers smiling at me. He looked like a biker with his leather jacket and scruffy face. His hand squeezed my thigh before moving higher.

My hand grabbed his wrist and twisted in one fluid motion making the man cry out and lean against the bar.

"Don't fucking touch me." I growled before landing a right hook to his face.

He fell to the floor with a groan. I huffed and wiped at my thigh as if to get rid of his touch.

"I think I can handle myself." I said turning back to Mick who was wide eyed.

It took him a second to gather himself before he laughed and shook his head.

"You certainly can it seems." His smile was contagious and actually pretty handsome.

"I've never seen you here before. You new in town?" I asked raising my brow this time.

"No, returning to town actually. Only for a day or two though." He glanced behind him to someone a few stools down the bar.

I leaned forward to see a man in a heavy navy parka sitting alone drinking from a glass.

"Friend of yours?" I questioned.

"Yea, he wanted a drink but isn't very social." Mick smirked again.

"He looks familiar" I said more to myself.

"I don't doubt that." Mick added.

I raised my brow at him again. Silently questioning what he meant by that but he either didn't catch it or decided to ignore it and not answer.

"You seem like a girl whose bored. What do you say to having a little fun?" Mick asked leaning closer to me again.

This time I didn't pull away. I was actually quite interested in him. He seemed like the kind of man that could really pleasure a woman. At the same time I felt like he was nothing but a big teddy bear.

"You know what, I could use a little fun." I smiled as I grabbed my bag.

I stood up from my seat to head for the exit. I turned towards Mick and nodded my head for him to follow me. He did. He walked behind me but stopped once he got to his friend. He grabbed his shoulder to get his attention.

"I'm heading out. I'll meet up with you later." He spoke loud enough for me to hear a few feet away.

His friend turned towards me and smirked just like Mick had. He eyed me for a second before turning back to Mick.

Damn, he really looked familiar.

"I'll see you in the morning Mick." He drawled out in the most attractive voice I had ever heard.

Then it hit me. I would never forget a voice like that. He's Captain Cold. How did I not realize that. Then I froze. I looked over to Mick who was now looking at me. Cold always had a big, burly friend with him. Heat wave.

Is Mick Heatwave?

For some reason the thought didn't scare me. It intrigued me. I smiled at him and nodded again for us to leave. He patted Cold's shoulder then followed me out the door.

My apartment was only a few blocks away. About a ten minute walk at the most.

The walk was silent for the most part but not an awkward silent. It was comfortable and oddly familiar even though I had never met this guy before.

Once we reached the door to my apartment things heated up quickly. As I attempted to unlock the door I felt Mick's rough hands grab my waist and slowly travel upwards under my shirt. I don't know what came over me. I moaned from his touch leaning backwards hitting his chest with my back. His lips were on my neck a second later. He kissed and bit at all the right places. Like he knew exactly how to turn me on. He kept one hand under my shirt while the other grabbed my chin tilting my head back to give him more access.

He let go of my chin to grab the keys from my hand. Once he had them he turned me around to face him. He pushed me against the door as he inserted the key. His lips were suddenly on mine making me completely loose control. My arms wrapped around his neck as I pulled myself upwards to get closer to him. I heard the door click when it was unlocked but at this point I didn't give a damn.

Mick grabbed my thighs and lifted me up with ease. I wrapped my legs around his waist when he pulled me from the door. He quickly opened it, stepped inside, tossed my keys somewhere, then closed the door by shoving me against it once again.

I moaned as his hips moved against me. I could feel his hardened length through his jeans. I instinctively started grinding myself against him as he held me in place. He growled as he pulled away from my neck. I opened my eyes to look at him and that's when I got the shock of my life.

"Nate!" I squealed in fright at the sight of my brother standing wide eyed at the sight in front of him.

Mick let go instantly but kept me from falling to the floor. He turned around to face my brother with a blank expression.

"Mick! What the hell?" Nate yelled towards him.

Wait. What?