Chapter 22

iibriii

Mick's POV
Snart and I pulled our triggers together. Fire and ice mixing together and hitting the reaper. It howled louder than before. We might not be killing it but at least we are keeping it at bay.

A sudden gush of wind caught both Snart and I off guard. We were almost knocked off our feet but we both righted ourselves quickly.

It was Barry. It seems they found a way to get rid of the creature.

Barry ran in a circle around it as fast as he could creating a small funnel that seemed to be pulling the air from the room.

"Guys go! We have to get out of here!" Lexi yelled from behind us.

I felt her small hand push at my back. Both Snart and I let her pass then followed her out of the room. The door slammed closed behind us.

"Barry!" Snart yelled as he pounded on the closed door.

"Gideon open the door!" Snart yelled towards the AI.

"I'm sorry Mr. Snart but Mr. Allen has given me strict orders to open the door for no one not even you." The British AI responded.

"Dammit Barry!" Snart pounded on the door again.

"Leonard!" Lexi shouted to get his attention.

He turned toward her with his crazy eyes. He was terrified something was going to happen to his speedster. I'd know that look anywhere.

"Barry knows what he's doing. Trust him. It's going to be okay." She reassured him with a gentle hand on his bicep.

He took in a few deep breathes and nodded. He had to calm himself down. All he could do now was wait.

A few minutes later the door opened and Snart rushed inside to find a panting Barry kneeling on the floor.

"Scarlet! Are you okay?" He fell to his knees in front of the kid.

Barry nodded and gave him a small exasperated smile.

"I'm fine Len. That just took a lot out of me is all." He chuckled lightly as he grabbed a hold of Snart to steady himself.

"Let's get you to the med bay just to make sure." Snart groaned as he struggled to help the speedster to his feet.

"You worry too much Len." Barry smiled laying his head on Snart's shoulder.

"So I'm guessing the anomaly has been taken care of." I suggested.

"I guess so" Lexi smiled brightly up at me.

"Looks like I get to live another day." She joked nudging me with her shoulder.

Future Lexi and Barry said their farewells and their thanks for our help. After that we made another time jump back to 2017.

"We will head out in 48 hours so meet back here then." Sara ordered before she dismissed all of us to go about our own business.

I went straight for Lexi's apartment. The whole walk there I kept thinking about what to say to her. I told future her that I'd tell her exactly how I felt but to be honest I don't really know exactly how I feel.

I knocked on the door and was greeted a few seconds later by a baggy pajama wearing Lexi. In that moment seeing her like that I knew how I felt. I knew what I wanted.

I grabbed her as I stepped inside kicking the door closed behind me. I kissed her softly but with all the want and need anyone could imagine.

"What was that for?" She asked with a smile when I pulled away.

"I just need you to know how much you mean to me. No one in my entire life has ever made me feel as good as you do. As whole as you do. Lexi Heywood, I love you. I will be whatever you want me to be. Just say it and you'll have it. I'll move mountains. I'll rewrite time. Just say it and I'll do it."

The way she looked at me made me want to hide. I have never wanted to hide from anything or anyone but now I do.

"Mick Rory, are you going soft on me?" She questioned with a big grin.

I couldn't help but laugh. There's that sassy mouth I can't get enough of.

"I love you Mick Rory. The only thing I want you to be is yourself because that's who I fell for. That's the only thing I want or need. It's just you Mick Rory."

Her eyes were looking at me in a way that no one ever had. She could see something in me no one else could. I don't even know what she could see but I'm glad she sees it.

I don't know how I ever got threw life without knowing this woman's touch. Without knowing what my name sounds like on her lips.

Now I know that I will never be able to get threw the rest of my life without her. Whether she likes it or not she's stuck with me. I'm never giving up on this stubborn woman.

"I don't know what happened while you were with future me but whatever it was I'm glad it happened."

I wrapped my arms around her tightly picking her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck. Everything was at a brand new high when I felt her lips on mine. I walked into the bedroom keeping her safely in my arms.

I laid her down gently on the bed then laid myself beside her. She instantly cuddled into me. Laying here like this with her was the most peaceful moment I have ever had.

"Mick?" Lexi questioned in almost a whisper.

"Yea?"

"What happened?" Her voice held a hint of worry.

"For a second I thought I was going to watch you die." I answered honestly.

"But I didn't" she stated like she was there.

"No. You didn't." I confirmed while letting the peace wash over me.

Now I know how I really feel. Now I know what Lexi is to me.

Lexi is my fire. Lexi is my flame.