Chapter 15

I woke up to the feeling of my cold empty bed. It just wasn't the same. I turned over to look at the empty side of my bed. You could tell it had been awhile since someone else had slept there. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

I rolled out of bed and slowly made myself presentable. The last thing I added was the over sized leather jacket that still smelled like him. I threw it on and took in a deep breath letting the scent of whiskey and matches surround me.

Once I got to the lab everyone was already there. Caitlyn and Cisco were working at the computers as always. Wally was talking to Iris. The only one missing was Barry.

Just as I thought that the familiar rush of wind let me know Barry was now in the room.

"Lex, can I talk to you?" He asked walking over to me.

"I really don't need another one of your pep talks Barry." I sighed.

He looked at me in confusion for a second then wrapped an arm around my waist. He zipped us down the hall to the empty lab.

"Barry I'm serious. I don't want to hear anymore about how everything will work out in time. The man doesn't even have a true since of time. He's an inconsiderate asshole." I plopped down in a chair just ready to go back to bed.

"Ok, I'm gonna be honest here. I have no idea what you are talking about." He sat in the chair across from me.

I looked up at him to see he was completely serious. What on earth happened to him?

"Are you feeling alright Barry?" I asked leaning forward a bit.

"No I'm actually quite lost. I messed up and now things are different. Joe and Iris don't talk to each other anymore. Cisco hates me because of Dante. Now, you seem different too. What am I missing?" He seemed to be talking to himself more than me.

"Mick. You remember him? Big guy, rough around the edges, pyromaniac?" I was trying to keep my pain down but I could hear it coming out in my voice.

"What happened Lex?" His eyes alone were full of concern.

"We broke up Barry. We had this huge ass fight about the stupidest shit. It ended with me telling him I never wanted anything to do with him ever again then I slammed the door in his face. That was almost two months ago." I felt the tears trying to fall but I fought them back because this was my fault no reason for me to cry.

"Obviously you still want something to do with him or you wouldn't be wearing his jacket." Barry commented.

"Yes Barry, I know you've already told me that." I added sarcastically.

"Why don't you try to talk to him?" He asked softly.

"Because I know he won't want to put up with my shit anymore." I sniffled and wiped at the tear rolling down my cheek.

"Shit, Len" Barry jumped up in a panic pulling his phone from his pocket.

He dialed quickly while saying something I couldn't hear to himself.

"Len!" He exclaimed suddenly.

"Sorry, I, uh, I just wanted to check up on you that's all." Barry turned towards me scratching the back of his head.

"Yea of course I remember!" He laughed nervously.

"No, no, I'm fine Len but could you tell Mick that maybe he should give Lexi a call." He looked my way with a small smile.

I almost jumped up and slapped him for that.

"Yea I know, listen, just tell him she has practically been living in his jacket. They are both too stubborn so we need to give them a little push." The humor was back in his voice as he smiled at me.

"Yea I know" he laughed.

"Ok, I'll see you soon Len. Be safe." Then he hung up and smiled triumphantly at me.

"Barry Allen, I'm going to kill you!" I jumped up and lunged for him.

He laughed quickly moving out of my reach. I chased him back down the hall towards the cortex knowing I wasn't going to catch him but it still felt good.

He stopped in the middle of the cortex and all eyes were on me as I charged in the room and went straight for the flash himself.

"Barry Allen!" I yelled as I slapped his shoulder.

The force was no where near as hard as I would have liked. I knew why he did it. He was a good friend but I was still mad.

"Lexi Heywood!" He mimicked me with a smile.

"You'll thank me later." He added with a wink.

I just growled but let it go.

That evening I sat at home watching Netflix when a video call came threw on my laptop. I pressed pause on my show to grab my laptop and check it. It was Mick.

Mick Rory was video calling me.

I took a moment to fix myself then accepted the call. I laughed when the first thing I saw was Leonard Snart's smirking face.

"Hey there Lex" he drawled in that lovely accent of his.

"Hey Len" I smiled sweetly at him.

"Barry was right looks like you are practically living in Mick's jacket." He chuckled.

I glanced down just now noticing that I was still wearing the jacket.

"I guess so" I laughed softly.

"We both know Mick is just as stubborn as you so I figured I'd break in his room hack his stuff and give you a call that way when he walks in here you two can have your chance to chat." He smiled like a little devil.

"What if he doesn't come in anytime soon?" I asked letting my nerves get the best of me.

I heard the door open to the room Len was in followed by Mick's rough voice.

"Snart! What the hell are you doing in here?" He asked kind of harshly.

I didn't realize how much I missed that voice until now. Len smiled at me then winked. He rolled over and got off Mick's bed.

"Here ya go Mick." He drawled right before the sound of the door opening again.