Chapter 8

Mick had left about a week ago and I was completely bored. I sat in my office going over papers and schedules while trying not to fall asleep.

My phone started chirping alerting me to a call.

"Hello" I answered not bothering to check who it was.

"Hey Lexi its Barry. I was wondering if you wanted to meet up at STAR Labs. Caitlyn and Cisco want to go out tonight. We want you to come with." He sounded quite chipper.

"Sure I'd love to. I can head that way now." I answered as I stood to gather my things.

"Great! I'll see you there!" He practically shouted before hanging up.

I laughed as I finished stuffing everything in my bag. Once my keys were in my hand I was out of the office and heading towards my car.

Once I reached the Labs I waisted no time heading inside to the cortex. Cisco and Caitlyn were sitting at the desk in the middle of the room while Barry was standing in front of them.

His arms were crossed and he was looking at them like he couldn't believe something they had said.

"Hey guys" I greeted stepping up behind Cisco.

"Lexi!" Barry beamed coming around the table quickly.

He pulled me in for a hug squeezing me a little tighter than a guy his size should be able to.

"Barry, we got him, 5th and Main" Cisco said loudly as he typed frantically on his computer.

"As soon as I get back we are going out." Barry beamed again.

He zipped off to the suit putting it on in the blink of an eye then he was gone leaving nothing but a gust of wind.

"Who is he after?" I asked leaning on the desk Cisco and Caitlyn were at.

"It's a metahuman we've been trying to find for a few weeks. He should be back here soon." Caitlyn informed me.

I pulled up a chair and sat next to Cisco so I could watch and hear what was going on with Barry. The meta was taunting him but Barry was taking it well. He was laughing and shooting his own retorts right back. He was certainly something when he was the flash. He used his speed to get the upper hand. In no time he had the meta and was on his way back to the labs.

He zipped past the cortex to what Caitlyn told me was their holdings cells. A few seconds later he was in the cortex and hanging his suit back up.

"You guys ready?" Barry asked turning around and smiling at us.

"Yea" Caitlyn answered.

"Let's hit it" Cisco cheered.

"I'm always ready" I laughed wrapping my arm around Barry's.

We headed out to Caitlyn's car and piled in. Caitlyn was driving us there but Barry was going to drive us all home since he can't get drunk.

We ended up at a small karaoke bar. Caitlyn said her and Barry had came here once and had a lot of fun.

We ordered a round of shots then I grabbed Barry and pulled him out on the small dance floor. He seemed a lot more free around me and I liked that. He made me feel like I could always be myself with no fear.

He took hold of my waist as we both started moving to the music. He was singing loudly but I could barely hear him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his body flush against mine.

"Have you heard from Len?" I asked close to his ear.

"No not for a few days. They are probably busy or in a time zone he can't reach me from." Barry answered.

"How do you even talk to him?" I couldn't help but think of Mick.

"There's a phone on the Waverider. Gideon will send the call to me in the right time." He pulled away to look down at me.

We walked back over to the bar where Cisco and Caitlyn were already buzzed.

"You know most of what you said made no since to me." I laughed after ordering a drink.

"It will I promise" he smiled and took a seat beside me.

We sat for a little bit just talking about life and recent events until Cisco and Caitlyn were well lit and I was close behind.

"Come with me" Barry said pulling me by my hand towards the small stage.

We hopped up and he started looking threw the list of songs they had. I ducked under his arm to put myself between him and the book. I looked over the list myself looking for a fun song I recognized.

"Hooked on a feeling!" I squealed pointing at the song.

I heard Barry chuckle and say ok. He reached around me and punched in the numbers for the song. He grabbed two microphones handing me one.

"Go Barry!" Cisco shouted from the bar.

"Woo Lexi!" Caitlyn slurred loudly.

I had the time of my life up on the tiny stage singing with Barry Allen. I was absolutely shocked when I heard the man's voice. He was good. Like seriously good.

At the end of the song the crowd cheered as we laughed mostly at me for my intoxicated singing. We headed back to the bar to find a waisted Caitlyn and Cisco. We both laughed as we helped the two to their feet and out of the bar to Caitlyn's car.

Barry dropped Cisco off then stopped at Caitlyn's. He parked the car then helped Caitlyn out. Once I was standing on the sidewalk he locked the doors then picked Caitlyn up bride style. He disappeared only to reappear a second later with no Caitlyn.

"She's in bed and already passed out." He laughed shaking his head.

"Your turn" he smiled picking me up like he did Caitlyn.

The next few seconds were like nothing I had ever experienced. Barry used his speed to take me home after I told him my address. I was being held close to Barry while surrounded by crackling yellow lightning. This was impossible and extraordinary. He stopped right in front of my door setting me down gently. I was a little light headed but I managed to unlock my door.

I gave Barry a tight hugged and thanked him for the lift home before heading in side.