Chapter 16

"If I look at this tablet and see any nude images of Barry or provocative anything of Barry I will roast you like a marshmallow!" Mick yelled towards Len on the other side of the door.

I stifled my laugh and waited to see his face. I can't believe my nerves are this shot. I feel like I'm sweating enough to fill a 4ft pool.

The image on the screen twisted and suddenly Mick's shocked expression appeared before me. He looked the same as always. Not sure why I thought he would look any different.

He stared at me for a moment before chuckling softly.

"I think you need a smaller jacket. You could live in that one." He cracked a small smile at me.

My heart started fluttering. I felt like it was going to fly right out of my chest.

"According to Barry and Len I do practically live in it." I sent him my own shy smile.

"I'm guessing this little video chat was Barry and Len's idea." He spoke as he moved around the room.

I nodded for an answer. I suddenly lost my words and had no idea what to say to him until he started to speak.

"Listen Lexi.."

"No. Let me please." I paused to wait for his response.

He nodded silently telling me to go ahead.

"I'm sorry Mick. I'm so fucking sorry. Never in my life have I regretted something more than what happened. That was the most ridiculous fight. I don't know why I acted like I did all I know is I'm sorry. I miss you so fucking much. Just hearing your voice. You have no idea. I just needed to let you know how sorry I am." I huffed and wiped at the tears falling down my cheeks.

I wanted to stop the tears but I couldn't. I just needed to let them out for once.

"I think I may know why you acted like that." Mick said softly.

I looked up locking my eyes with his.

"You're scared. Honestly it kind of makes me uneasy too. Never felt like this for anyone. I was not the best person to have around after our fight and I have never acted like that. You're scared of the future and what might happen. You should know by now that you can trust me. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I took a second to let his words sink in. To think about if he was right. I think he is right. All my life it was just me, or Nate and I, but now I have so many people in my life. I have found something with Mick that I never thought I would ever feel and that does scare the shit out of me.

"You're right I am scared. I know I can trust you with secrets but can I trust you with my heart? With everything that I am?" That was a big thing for me to ask him.

His smile made my heart pound even harder. I wish he was here with me in person instead of off in time somewhere.

"Yes Lex" he said softly while keeping that smile.

"Come back soon please" I whispered wiping more of my tears away.

"We will be coming back soon. You know Len he can't stay away from Barry for too long or he gets cranky." He whispered like Len was going to hear him.

I laughed and nodded.

"I'll see you soon Lexi."

After the call ended I rushed over to Barry's as quick as I could. I had to talk to him and thank him and Len for getting me and Mick to talk.

I knocked on the door and was greeted by Wally a few seconds later.

"Barry's upstairs" he said as I stepped inside.

"Thanks" I smiled then headed up the stairs two at a time.

I knocked on his bedroom door listening for him to tell me to come in. Once I had the okay I stepped inside closing the door behind me.

I jumped up on the bed next to him like a child. I felt like a kid again. I was beyond happy that Mick and I were getting back on track.

"What has you in such a good mood?" He asked turning over to face me.

"So I got a video call earlier from Mick. At least I thought it was Mick. Turns out Len broke into his room and hacked him so he could talk to me until Mick came back. Long story short, Mick and I actually did talk. It went well. It was really good." I was smiling like an idiot.

"See! I told you!" Barry exclaimed happily as he wrapped me in a hug.

"I know I was just terrified of the worst possible thing." I sighed as I snuggled up against Barry.

"At least I could fix something I messed up." Barry sighed into my hair.

"What happened Barry?" Concern filling me as I sat up to get a good look at him.

"I'm really not suppose to say anything." His face held so much emotion in it's expression.

"You can trust me. You need to talk to someone about this. It looks like it's eating you alive." I sat up fully pulling Barry with me.

We sat Indian style in front of each other. I gave him my full attention.

"After what happened to my dad, I may have, went back in time and saved my mom." He looked at me like I was going to yell at him.

"Ok? Why are you making that sound so bad?" I asked cautiously.

"Because when I saved my mom I created an alternate timeline where both my parents were still alive. It's apparently called flashpoint. In doing that I changed everyone's lives. Joe was a deadbeat cop, Wally was Kid Flash and Iris was helping him, Cisco was a billionaire snob, Caitlyn was a children's eye doctor, and you were so alone. I tried to bring everyone together but it didn't really work. I helped Wally go up against his nemesis called Rival and Wally was killed. So, I saw how wrong that life was. I went back in time again and let my mother's murder happen. Only when I came back things were still a little different."

I just stared at him for a second. I kind of had an information overload.