Chapter 13

Mick slowly stood up from his seat on the couch. He looked unsure of something. After I recovered from my panicking heart I stood with my arms crossed staring him down like I was going to attack.

"Back so soon?" I questioned sarcastically.

"Barry warned me that you were a little mad at me but I didn't call or anything because I didn't know exactly where we stood. Now I see that I should have called." His voice was as rough as always but it held an unusual exhaustion.

"You'd only need to call if there was an us. There is no us and there will never be an us. I've been hurt and stabbed in the back way to many times for me to give my heart to a thief." I huffed while still staring him down.

"You are so fucking temperamental! One day you're happy and just fine with the thought of us and the next you're set on there never being an us. I can't fucking keep up with you!" He seemed to loose his cool raising his voice at me.

Even though the tone was harsh I still heard a bit of vulnerability in it. It was the look in his eyes that told me I heard correctly.

"Well you don't have to worry about it anymore. Leave Mick Rory, now." I stepped to the side so he could get to the door.

Just as he reached for the knob his phone rang in his pocket. He growled lowly before pulling it out.

"Of course" he chuckled darkly.

"What?" He snapped harshly at the person on the other end.

I noticed the phone didn't look like a normal cellphone. It looked more futuristic. Maybe it was something from the ship they used.

"Why would I do that?" He asked clearly annoyed by the conversation.

A moment of silence passed as he listened to the other person.

He sighed.

"Fine, but just know when we get to the point you're in right now I'm going to so kick your ass for this." I could hear the slight humor in his voice.

"Yea, you too." Then he hung up.

He took a few deep breaths as I waited for him to actually leave. To my surprise he turned back to face me. He stepped towards me quickly not giving me a second to register the situation before his hands were on each side of my face. He firmly held me in place as he lips crashed against mine.

I didn't want to kiss him back. I was mad at him.

I felt myself melting into him. I tried to stop it. I tried to pull my mind free but I was being wrapped in the feel of his strength, his heat, and his soft lips. His unusually attractive sent of whiskey and matches wrapped around me pulling me in closer until I completely gave in to it.

"Who was that on the phone?" I asked breathlessly once he pulled away from me.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"You'll figure it out one day. She's a very complicated, intriguing, and sassy woman who has come to grow on me." His smile was genuine as he stared at me with soft eyes.

"I don't think I like her." I said blatantly as I crossed my arms again.

Mick only laughed and shook his head again.

"Let me make it up to you." His rough voice was low, close to a whisper.

"Make what up to me?" I asked curiously.

"Not calling you to let you know I was okay like I should have." He wrapped his arms around me pulling me against him.

He pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head. Mick grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen of my apartment. He gestured for me to sit as he started to pull things from the fridge and cabinets.

"Are you going to cook?" I asked in surprise.

"Yea" was all he said as he continued.

"I didn't know you could cook." I spoke quietly.

He said nothing else until he was finished. He made us both a plate then joined me at the table.

"There's a lot you still don't know about me Lexi." He spoke between bites.

"But you seem to know everything about me." I commented curiously.

"Not everything" he said simply.

We finished our food in silence and I must say Mick was actually a pretty good cook.

We migrated from the kitchen back into the living room where we got comfortable on the couch. I decided to turn on Netflix and find something for us to watch. I think Mick and I just need a little bit of regular couple time.

Who would have known that I'd be sitting on my couch all cuddled up to Mick Rory while watching Netflix. This is something I never saw happening in my life but I guess sometimes the unexpected things are the best things.

Into the late hours of the night Mick and I decided to go lay down. I'm not sure if I was imagining things but something felt different. It wasn't anything with Mick it was just everything around me. Everything felt weird and strange.

I took a second to walk over to the window overlooking the city. I peaked out between the curtains but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I just brushed off the strange feeling and met Mick in bed. With his radiating heat and strong arms I was fast asleep in no time.

What I didn't know was the text I received.

"Something happened we thought you should know about. Barry's dad was killed tonight. Iris said he left because he needed to do something. We will keep you updated. -Cisco"

**One quick thing! If you didn't notice some things are going to be a little different than the show but important events will still happen.