Chapter 14

Early morning jog? Check.

Hot relaxing shower? Check.

Dressed for success? Check.

It's a new day and time to show them what I can really do.

"You are the brain they've been looking for!" I pepped myself up in the mirror as I did a few last minute checks.

Once I was satisfied I got to the road towards the university for my interview. Fingers crossed this goes well.

"Well Miss Heywood, you have an exceptional resume and quite the retention for history. I think we would be lucky to have you on the team." The Dean's smile was kind as she stood and extended her hand to me.

"Thank you so much" I held in my giddiness until I was back in my car in the parking lot.

I finally let out the excited squeal I was holding in as I let the moment of pure happiness take me over.

I decided to celebrate with a little bit of jitters because who doesn't love jitters? Once I got threw the line I found a seat near the window. There was a girl sitting a few seats down from me who looked familiar but me being the introvert I am I kept to myself.

I happened to look up at the same time a man around my age hesitantly approached the other girl. I watched as he took a few deep breaths then..

Did he just? Is he a speedster? Oh god is he kid flash?

He used inhuman speed to pull the girl's wallet out and on the floor. He picked it up and got the girl's attention.

"Excuse me, sorry, I think you dropped this." He smiled shyly as he handed it back to her.

Smooth.

"Oh my god thank you! I didn't even realize I dropped it!" She beamed in gratitude at him.

I finished off the last off my coffee as I continued to watch the two converse. I turned away to throw my cup in the trash. When I turned back to head to the door I ran right into an oddly firm chest.

"Excuse me" I said as I stepped back from the person.

"Lexi?" He questioned with a bright, perfect smile.

"Uh, yea, do I know you?" I questioned taking another step back from him.

"Well, no you don't. I'm just really good at remembering names and faces. I'm Barry by the way." He seemed a little awkward but genuine.

"It's nice to meet you Barry." I smiled warmly at him before heading to the door.

Well that was weird. If I wanted to meet new people I'd introduce myself. I don't care for new people. Nate was always the one to encourage me to meet more people and try more things but he isn't around anymore so I'm just gonna stick to myself. I know I can trust myself to not leave me alone.

Truth be told my life has been pretty boring ever since Nate up and left me. I don't talk to people and I barely leave my apartment unless I need food or to go to work. It was the same thing for me every single day.

A few days later I was sitting on my couch watching netflix. It was my usual free time activity. I stood up to go get more snacks from the kitchen but when I blinked I was standing in front of 5 people in an unknown building.

"Quick introduction for everyone." The guy I met the other day at jitters spoke.

"Cisco Ramon" he pointed to the extremely wealthy and genius with great hair.

"Caitlyn Snow" a timid looking young woman in a white doctor's lab coat.

"Iris West" the girl from jitters.

"Wally West" I think I just met kid flash.

"Lexi Heywood" he pointed to me.

"And I'm Barry Allen" he ended with himself.

"Okay, so nice to meet you but what the hell am I doing here and oh how the hell did I get here?" I questioned Barry in my sickly sweet voice.

"I'm going to explain, right now." Barry looked lost grabbing at things and finding somewhere to write stuff down.

Once he righted himself and calmed his nerves he explained what he had done.

"Flashpoint?" I questioned.

"Yea" he said slowly.

"Fine, what was I like in the other timeline?" I asked crossing my arms and giving him my stare down.

"No I'm not telling you that." He shook his head and gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry but if you want my help you're gonna answer my question." I stated matter of factly.

"Fine, in the other timeline, you're the head of the history department at the university. You're my best friend. You're apart of team flash at S.T.A.R. Labs. You're kind of dating this hot head pyromaniac named Mick but that's a long story. The point is I need to fix this. I need to fix your lives. All of you are meant to know each other and be friends and work together every day. It's not suppose to be like this."

Barry looked defeated and even though what he said about me sounded completely ridiculous, for some reason I believed him. Except about the boyfriend part. I highly doubt I'm dating a hot headed pyromaniac.

"What do we do?" Iris asked looking as lost as I kind of felt.

"Wally, I'll help you take down the rival first then we will figure out our next move." Barry was already in action as soon as he finished his sentence.

They set the plan in motion while the rest of us stayed at S.T.A.R. Labs.

The rival was defeated but at a cost. We all stood back and absorbed what just happened. Kid flash. Wally West. He's dead.

Barry zipped back into the room we were all standing in and immediately fell to his knees.

"Iris, I need you're help." His voice was barely above a whisper.

Iris nodded and helped him to his feet. A few seconds later they were gone.