Chapter 26

*Another 5 years later*

After being married for 5 years Mick Rory still hasn't changed. I think that's what I love most about him. He has always been himself with me. There was never a fake moment.

I sat at the desk in Mr. Barry Allen-Snart's very large office. He was rummaging about the room working on a new update for Gideon. He and Snart have been married for about 2 years now. I knew it would happen eventually.

"Fuck!" I yelled when Gideon's voice echoed in the room.

"Mr. Allen, you and Mrs. Rory have a call from the wave rider."

"Put it through" Barry ordered nonchalantly.

"Hello?" The voice of Professor Martin Stein echoed in the room.

"Hello" Barry answered.

"Is this Barry Allen?" He questioned.

"Yes" Barry answered.

"My apologies, is this Barry Allen in 2027?" He questioned again.

"Yes Stein it's me what do you need?" He asked letting his annoyance seep into his tone.

"We are having a problem with Gideon. The program is malfunctioning." Stein spoke matter of factly.

"No" Barry laughed shaking his head as he turned towards me.

"I'm sorry?" Stein asked.

"Gideon is not malfunctioning. I know exactly what the problem is. I'll send my best tech person to come help you out." Barry explained before ending the call.

"I'm your best tech person aren't I?" I asked crossing my arms already knowing his answer.

"Indeed you are Lexi." He smirked at me.

"I don't know a damn thing about Gideon's program." I informed him as he walked towards the door.

"Well, it's a good thing that the problem isn't actually Gideon." He sent his charming smile my way then gestured for me to follow him.

"Then what's the problem if it's not Gideon?" I asked curiously.

"You should know that by now." He said simply.

"Well I don't"

"This is the time traveling adventure where Mick meets you for the first time." He informed glancing in my direction as we exited the building his office was in.

"Snart" I said as I realized what the problem is.

"This is when I go back to help them save Snart who is not actually dead but they think he is. Right?" I asked him for clarification.

He nodded but said no more until we were back on the estate grounds. The grounds had both mine and Mick's home on it along with Barry and Len's home.

We went straight to Barry's house not even getting a chance to open the door for ourselves. We stepped up on the porch then the front door flew open. Out ran a giggling little girl being chased by her teddy bear of a father.

"Slow down there speedster!" Barry joked as he grabbed the girl making her laugh harder.

"I wasn't expecting you guys home so soon." Mick laughed as he watch his daughter have a laughing fit.

"Where's Len?" Barry asked Mick once he sat Mel back on the porch.

"He's inside with Jack trying to get him down for a nap." Mick answered pointing over his shoulder with his thumb.

Once Len finally got his and Barry's son down for a nap we decided to take the time to inform them of where I was going.

Mick laughed and tightened his grip around my waist. Len looked amused but didn't say much.

"Just watch out for me is the only advice I can give you Lex." Mick spoke up in his gruff voice.

"Oh please I've put up with you for 10 years I think I can handle it." I laughed remembering how he was when we first met.

"No, I was much worse before I met you Lex." He informed me.

"Good to know" I smiled shaking my head.

The next morning the waverider landed on the estate grounds. I gave Mick and Mel a kiss. Barry gave me one last quick run down of the plan. Then I headed on board the time traveling ship.

I walked onto the main deck knowing I was only going to have one more chance to be in this very room after this was over. It's an odd and slightly sad thing to already know parts of your future.

"Everyone we have a guest." Stein spoke up to get everyone's attention.

"The names Lexi Heywood. It's a pleasure to see you all again." I smiled sweetly knowing I was about to confuse them.

"Lexi?" Nate questioned in total shock.

"What!?" He asked going all bug eyed.

"Calm down Nate" I half laughed patting his shoulder.

I walked over to the desk in the middle of the room and tapped the centered. Gideon immediately popped up and turned towards me.

"Gideon, what seems to be the problem?" I asked the AI.

"There is an unknown anomaly registering a familiar life sign as the one of a former waverider passenger." Her British accent made me smirk.

"Where?" I asked as I ignored the odd and confused looks from the legends.

"The vanishing point" she said simply.

"What?" Nate questioned more towards Gideon then me.

"We'll tell you later" Sara said stepping in front of him.

"What the hell is Gideon talking about and who the hell are you?" Sara asked me harshly.

"Ok sorry" I put my hands up in surrender.

"Lexi Heywood, Nate's little sister but with a twist." I smiled trying to not have to say more but obviously I'm gonna have to say more.

"A twist?" Nate asked this time.

"I'm from the year 2027. I'm currently 35 years old. The man who created Gideon is a close friend. He asked me to help you guys out." I shrugged like it was no big deal.

"35 years old? You don't look a year older. When I left 2016 you looked exactly the same as you do now. In 10 years? No way!" Nate accused.

"Well thank you" I laughed as I blushed a bit from his words.

"It's your pal. Snart." I spoke going back to serious me.

"He's dead" Mick grunted from the back of the group.

I kept my smile down but looked up to see my husband 10 years younger with no idea who I am. He raised a brow at me. I couldn't help but smirk. He really thinks he's a tough guy.

"No Mick Rory, he is not dead." I smiled knowingly at him.